Search results

1. D

Should I replace my center speaker: from jbl stage a125c to polk s30?

Silly me not reading the review of the jbl stage a125c and just purchased it thinking it would timbre match the fronts (which are the jbl stage a130s, bought after good reviews by Amir and other reviewers). Now I recently came to this forum to check and the jbl seems to receive a terrible review...
  2. D

New setup with svs sub. Need advice on sub placement.

Hi guys. I recently purchased an svs pb-1000 pro subwoofer. Below are the pictures of my 5.1.4 setup (the chair is the main listening position - MLP). My avr is denon x3700h. I ran Audyssey calibration with the sub's own volume set at -19db (initially I set it at -15db - which translated to 50%...
  3. D

How to know if the in-ceiling speakers are wired correctly without having to remove them from the ceiling to check?

As the title says. I had someone else installed the in-ceiling speakers for me and I forgot to check whether he correctly connected the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal (maybe simple, I know, but anyone can make any mistake anytime). Say if he...
  4. D

My cable length and thickness worries me

So I'm a newbie and just had people from the local audio store installed a 5.1.4 dolby atmos system inside my bedroom. My setup is jbl stage a130 for front and surround speakers, jbl stage a125c for center speaker, polk v60 for overhead speakers and svs pb-1000 pro for sub. Now for each surround...
  5. D

Polk v60 in-ceiling speaker orientation?

I just purchased 4 of this polk v60 as my dolby atmos in-ceiling speakers. As you can see in the picture, it has aimable tweet mounted on some kind of fixed bridge. My question is at which o'clock direction should that bridge point towards when the speaker is installed into the ceiling? The...
  6. D

Polk v60 in-ceiling speaker orientation?

I just purchased 4 of this polk v60 as my dolby atmos in-ceiling speakers. As you can see in the picture, it has aimable tweet mounted on some kind of fixed bridge. My question is at which o'clock direction should that bridge point towards when the speaker is installed into the ceiling? The...
  7. D

Wish me luck! Testing whether a sub will disturb neighbors before buying

I live in an apartment. There are families living above and below me. Never heard any sound coming out from them unless people from above move furniture, drop something hard on the floor or talk in the hallway. That said, I’m still worried about the sound insulation capability of the apartment...
  8. D

Kindly advise on this dolby atmos setup & seating layout for newbie

Hello, I'm currently looking for a true dolby atmos setup to watch movies and play games, but being new to this home theater hobby (I only used headphone & surround software previously), I have no idea what to choose. For AVR, I think I'll pick the Denon X3700H. For speakers, a retailer at my...
  9. D

Issue with Dolby Atmos for Headphone and Dolby Atmos movies

I have a few ultra hd movies that have dolby atmos track. The thing is: no media player on pc can decode dolby atmos and make it work with dolby atmos for headphone software. Instead of getting dolby atmos, all we can get is downmixed 7.1. The only media player that can output proper dolby atmos...
  10. D

Issue with Dolby Atmos for Headphone and Dolby Atmos movies

I have a few ultra hd movies that have dolby atmos track. The thing is: no media player on pc can decode dolby atmos and make it work with dolby atmos for headphone software. Instead of getting dolby atmos, all we can get is downmixed 7.1. The only media player that can output proper dolby atmos...
  11. D

Sound blaster x3 officially released! Cheaper than sound blasterx g6?

Quite surprising considering the x3 has super x-fi. What’s the catch? https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sound-blaster-x3-the-first-sound-blaster-with-super-x-fi-is-here-300924609.html
Top Bottom