Search results

1. S

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

It’s been awhile since I have done an A-B comparison but talking to Revel staff last night at AXPONA I’m told the 226be are a significant audible improvement. Maybe Im trying to convince myself not to spend the extra money ( a bias). If I change my mind I will have A pair of F206 and center...
  2. S

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

My main left /right speakers in my 7.4.4 setup. I’ve thought of replacing them with 226be but they are so good it’s hard to justify.
  3. S

Help me create a personalized EQ tool

We have implemented something called Personifi in a JBL headphone app that applies EQ based on a hearing test and user input related to age, gender and listening experience. I talked about this in a couple of slides at my CanJam NYC 2024 talk.
  4. S

Where did you ever hear that? Certainly not in the USA. There are thousands of patents that exist without products that implement them.
  5. S

We filed a patent on this idea a few years ago. There are different approaches but this is one. https://patents.google.com/patent/US20230403511A1/en?
  6. S

Was anybody at the Sean Olive talk at CanJam?

I'm saying 3db above flat for binaural. Harman Target is 6.4 dB bass shelf and the IE target is 10 dB on a type 3.3 ear simulator
  7. S

See my comment about lack of tactile information in binaural reproduction. It can account for up to 3 db of bass that isn’t perceived in the binaural versus the in situ experience. We published some AES papers on this a few years ago based on experiments in a car.
  8. S

Yes, if the ear canal resonance is in the recording you need to take it out of the headphone on playback. Make the headphone flat. If you make blocked ear recordings then you need to include the ear canal during playback: The trick is how to identify the contribution of the ear canal and the...
  9. S

Here is the difference between the BK5128 DF and the average response of 19 loudspeakers equalized to be flat measured with the BK 5128. They are almost identical. So I think it is valid to use it as a starting point to make bass and treble adjustments. The shape of the curve is not so...
  10. S

Just to be clear. The BK5128 DF curve unmodified was the least preferred headphone target curve tested. This confirms previous listening tests where the DF wasincluded. It is too bright and thin, yet it remains the current standard and recommended target quoted in AES and IEC standards for the...
  11. S

New in 2024: AKG N9 Hybrid

They are supposed to be tuned HARMAN AE 2018 Target. I have not measured a sample yet. I heard a DV2 sample in December when I visited our labs in Shenzhen, China. They appeared to be balanced, comfortable and had decent ANC performance. I compared them to Sony , Apple and Bose ANC headphones...
  12. S

I measured 19 different channels in our Reference Room with each speaker equalized to be flat steady-state at the listening position. I looked at different combinations from front channels, surrounds, heights and all combinations.
  13. S

Here are the 6 targets that were tested. All measured on a 5128 with the listening test design described below.
  14. S

The in-room flat curve I measured with 19 speakers in our Reference Room is identical to the 5128 DF.
  15. S

My understanding is that the target is very much based on Harman but it's translate from GRAS 45 CA to Head Acoustics. So there will inevitably be some differences
  16. S

Has Rtings switched to a BK5128 test fixture? This talk was about targets for 5128
  17. S

I was there and attended the talk. There will be a YouTube video of it soon. He showed listening results that the original 2019 Harnan target translated to the 5128 was rates the highest compard IE targets proposed by Headphones.com and the BK5128 DF.
  18. S

JBL 4312M II 3-way Studio Monitor Review

All of the JBL and Revel home speakers are designed in Northridge. Only the less expensive Bluetooth portable speakers are designed by the Harman engineering team in Shenzhen like the JBL Flip and Party Box speakers for example.
  19. S

JBL 4312M II 3-way Studio Monitor Review

I have never seen or heard this loudspeaker model, and I've been at HARMAN since 1993. I was curious why, so I did a little bit of investigation and found this out. This is a very old model that hasn’t been sold for years. Japan developed it as a miniature version of the 4312 originally in...
Top Bottom