Search results

1. H

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Wow! This guy really seems to be one to stay away from.
  2. H

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

This is not normal behavior. I've gone from feeling a bit sorry for the guy, to hoping he goes bankrupt and loses his business.
  3. H

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

The guy sounds like a pathological liar with a personality disorder. My guess is that he'll never change. If I were Erin or Amir I would stop engaging completely, nothing will come of it other than more lies and unpleasantness.
  4. H

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

I love most all JBL's so I'd consider the JBL M2 Master Reference system.
  5. H

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Should be no problem. I use PA5 to drive R3's in a slightly smaller room (20 sqm) and it works great.
  6. H

KEF R3 Speaker Review

BTW I see that the Yamaha RN 803 produces 194 watts into 4 ohms and has a SINAD of 92, so this is a good amp. Nice performance at a reasonable price this.
  7. H

KEF R3 Speaker Review

You should be fine with the 803, I have driven mine with 2x45w and that works great at moderate levels. With the room size you have and the sub, I don't think you'll ever need more than the 803 in terms of power.
  8. H

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

When Hegel started out some 20 years ago, they branded themselves as a no nonsense company with a science based approach, coming out of the university system. It would be interesting to see if their current amplifiers are actually worse than their original 20 year old designs.
  9. H

KEF LS50 Meta vs KEF R3

Very strange price policy, here (Norway) the R3 is only 12.7% more expensive and right now the R3 is on sale for less than the LS50 Meta.
  10. H

Audiophiliac Steve Guttenberg reviews the Genelec G Three...

I quite like Guttenberg and while I don't value the reviews, his taste in music appears to be good. He often recommends stuff that is very far from the usual audiophile reviewer garbage.
  11. H

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC

Have you been censored or just critically questioned? Seems to me that a sign of the times is to conflate the two.
  12. H

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity Review (DAC)

I know what this bad boy is missing. Tubes!! Slap some tubes in it for that sweet analog sound.
  13. H

Audioquest Niagara 1200 Review (Power Conditioner/Surge Protector)

If I weren't blond I would have, at one time, been a potential customer for his spray on hair.
  14. H

Brands that you hate

Schiit really? If anything I love that company because they really are a shining example of how to turn things around. When their products got absolutely slaughtered here on the test bench they didn't bitch and moan, but took it very seriously and went back to the drawing board. Now they...
  15. H

MiniDSP or NAD M10

Or sell the Cambridge and go for the MiniDSP SHD with 112 SINAD, guaranteed better measured performance than the NAD and cheaper too.
  16. H

Steve Guttenberg compares subjective and objective reviews

Sure, but if he does understand then he's very disingenuous.
  17. H

Maybe he knows more about measurements and the technical aspects than he lets on, but does he actually believe that measurements can accurately describe what he's hearing? I don't think so. I know people with a working knowledge of data transfer who still think a $1000 audiophile network cable...
  18. H

If he doesn't know anything about the technical side it'd be cool if he didn't talk about it. It'd be cool he he didn't regurgitate every pseudo scientific piece of bs fed to him by the industry he's subjectively reviewing stuff for.
  19. H

I'm amazed at how little he knows about the science behind it all. Also it's amusing when he says stuff like measuring during the design has a purpose, but measurements will tell you nothing about the sound quality of the end product. Makes no sense.
  20. H

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

I see. I guess feeding the kh750 a digital signal and attenuating in MA1 (when/if that becomes possible) would theoretically be the best, but using a dac with a volume control should be good enough.
Top Bottom