Search results

1. Vintage57

Neumann KH420 Review (Studio Monitor)

It’s only about €400 for me. Or less than €7 per month. What is your point?
  2. Vintage57

FWIW I never turn mine off. The KH 420’s have been on for over 5 years. My ATC’s in my HT have been on for 20 years Keeping all circuits from being shut down prolonging the life of the components
  3. Vintage57

I have 4 kh805’s in my room. They are located along each wall. They provide great punch and very smooth bass output . Better for me than 2 kh870 but equally powerful with no noticeable compression. Just sharing
  4. Vintage57

FWIW, i insist on original box and packaging or no deal. I bought 4 kh805 for my system. For room correction mostly. What I want to share is that I bought from different people in Canada and the US. They come from overseas very well packaged. I have original boxes for my complete system in a...
  5. Vintage57

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

Exactly, they want to clear up any inventory of the current product without sales drop or discounting that would take place with anticipation created by a new model announcement
  6. Vintage57

According to the Neumann website the 420 is 96 litres and the 805/810 is 76.6 litres.
  7. Vintage57

While that placement may work for you I highly doubt it. The best practice has been to place the subs in corners of the room. Try to fill nulls that occur with your mains. Placing them where the mains are will exacerbate the nulls not typically what you would like. I have the same setup, in a...
  8. Vintage57

Good call, I would like know how you like the result Hint keep the subs away from the mains. They’re set from factory to cross at 80Hz. Impossible to locate. Used stuff is good option for premium product. It’s money tied up but not diminishing in value.
  9. Vintage57

I have the KH420’s which I run through the high pass on one of my 4 KH805’s. The 805’s are in or as close to the corners as I can get. They serve a twofold purpose. First to flatten the bass response and secondly to give me that punch that I could not get because of room nodes. The subs are...
  10. Vintage57

Deleted

Deleted
  11. Vintage57

You might want to set up a search parameter on this site. It monitors Audio web sites including eBay world wide https://www.hifishark.com/
  12. Vintage57

Looking for Stereo Preamp w/ XLR outputs

Quite a few preamps now have an HDMI eARC input, which could be used instead of toslink. I agree but the tv only has a Toslink output for audio
  13. Vintage57

Budget, good question. $1,000. CAD.
  14. Vintage57

Looking for simple preamp with Toslink input and XLR outputs. Remote would be bonus. Want to run tv through active speakers and only output from tv is Toslink Suggestions appreciated. Thanks
  15. Vintage57

Many times Please use search engine Thanks
  16. Vintage57

Did you try the search engine? I sold my ATC 150A’s ofter 14 years, Replaced them with 420’s 3 years ago and never looked back. I still use ATC 50A’ for HT, not as fussy there.
  17. Vintage57

To me it wasn’t about the price but about the performance. The KH420 is a game changer. I sold my ATC SCM150ASLs that I had custom ordered in black oak with protective circuits. Bought the Neumann’s 2 1/2 years ago and never looked back. The Neumann’s are 30% of the price of the ATC, but the...
  18. Vintage57

I can't compare to the Salon2 but I can make a suggestion on the KH 870's. I have a similar set up to one of the ones you are considering. I have two KH 420's and four KH 805's. The reason I chose the four subs vs the two stacked units is to better control room nodes. I have the four subs...
  19. Vintage57

ATC SCM150ASL PRO or Genelec 1238A

I have had both and even at 90+ db I haven’t heard anything strained from either. Just that the KH420 have bass punch that the 15” lack.
Top Bottom