Search results

1. hutt132

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

I have the Sierra-2EX V2 pair and they've been my end game speakers. Would love to see them measured here one day.
  2. hutt132

Would adding a 1/2" thick carpet pad make a difference in reverberations?

I plan on making a large 4" thick rockwool panel to go on the back wall. Attached 2 of the mock up images of what I plan to do. I have black fabric picked out for them to reduce light reflection off the screen too.
  3. hutt132

Would adding a 1/2" thick carpet pad make a difference in reverberations?

I have a thin black 3.5' x 14' rug under my speakers that butts up against the front wall. Would adding a 1/2" thick felt carpet pad under it make any noticeable difference in reverberations? I understand thicker panels on the walls would make a bigger difference, but I'm just wondering if small...
  4. hutt132

Just spoke with Apple about the 3rd gen Apple TV 4k and sending pass-through audio to a receiver

Does the Apple TV 4K still not bitstream TrueHD Atmos? I'll have to go with the Shield TV Pro if Apple still hasn't figured it out yet...
  5. hutt132

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

If buying these used, is there anything in particular to look out for in terms of defects, damage, or bad batches?
  6. hutt132

Schiit Mani 2 Review (Phono Stage)

I just leave it in Music: Stereo mode. Pure mode turns off audessy, which I need to fix my uneven bass response. I don't think there's a way to get a full analog signal path through the receiver in the first place.
  7. hutt132

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Found out that Restorer is set per input on Denon AVR's. It's on Low by default for HEOS. To turn it off for HEOS, you first have to select HEOS as your input source, then turn Restorer off. Restorer may be causing the issue we're encountering with Spotify. This item can be set with analog...
  8. hutt132

Denon AVR-X6700H AVR Review (Updated)

To have a louder sound stage and a more defined center than a phantom center.
  9. hutt132

Denon AVR-X6700H AVR Review (Updated)

Is there a way to have Multi Ch Stereo only play out of the front 3 speakers when all 11 speakers are connected to the unit? For instance with music, you can quickly swap between Stereo (2 channel) and Multi Ch Stereo (11 channel), but I want a mode to play out of the front 3 channels.
  10. hutt132

Schiit Mani (Original) MM MC Phono Preamp - USED

Selling my original Schiit Mani Phono Preamp. Fully working with no issues. Comes with original power supply. $90 shipped to continental US
  11. hutt132

Schiit Mani 2 Review (Phono Stage)

Just got my Mani 2 today and compared it to my original Mani 1 with a decibel meter to compare the background noise they produce. Using my Teac TN-400S turntable with AT100E cartridge, both pre-amps are in their original configuration (gain input H/output L) which matches the cartridge. Using a...
  12. hutt132

ZeroSurge 2R15W Surge Protector Review

I have two of the 2R20W 20amp versions of this surge protector (yes I have 12 gauge electrical wiring and 20amp outlets). Put one on my projector and one on my AV receiver/home theater computer. I kept having my equipment fried from lightning storms so I was desperate to find any kind of...
  13. hutt132

Topping E30 DAC - Used

Selling my topping E30 DAC. Like new condition with no scratches on front panel. Comes with all the accessories. $120 shipped within USA only.
  14. hutt132

Topping E30 II DAC Review

@amirm notes that filter F2 is default, however the manual that shipped with my E30 II states F-3 is the default filter and it was set to F-3 out of the box... @JohnYang1997 Are the filters in Amirm's graph labeled incorrectly? This would indicate that the default F-3 (Short Delay Sharp...
  15. hutt132

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

Low end multitone performance on this E70 is ~15db WORSE than the E30 II DAC.
  16. hutt132

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

At first I took this as sarcasm, but it does actually look like a distortion spike at 60Hz from a noisy power implementation in the V2. The original L30 doesn't have this spike and is cleaner with no spikes above -120:
  17. hutt132

[HELP] I can't hear difference between SS and tube amp using HD800

Both my friend and I age 24 could not tell the difference between 5 amps in a blind test, including a tube amp. You can see my results here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-should-i-a-b-test-headphone-amps.8186/#post-203680...
  18. hutt132

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

I had the digital board replaced twice on my unit. Didn't make a difference. HEOS might just be poorly integrated.
Top Bottom