Search results

1. EuropeanSwallow

PGGB - upsampling with billions of taps

Dum, DaDum, Dum, Dumb :p I'm frightened of the notion that professionals from neurosurgeons, physicists, and even engineers who are steeped in logical thought and reasoning skills seem to abandon all rationale over any of these audio tweak upgrades. Buy by all means, buy whatever you want...
  2. EuropeanSwallow

PGGB - upsampling with billions of taps

I just finished wasting my time reading the pggb thread. I came here to get my bearings. My God it's like the twilight zone there. It's official, I'm utterly embarrassed to be associated with audiophiles.
  3. EuropeanSwallow

Review and Measurements of Holo Audio May --- Probably the best discrete R2R DAC

Thank you for this thread. I placed my order for the Holo May KTE DAC a few days ago. I think I might just remove the covers and stare at it mindlessly while playing tunes! I've been waiting patiently for an R2R DAC that measured well and wasnt priced above 10k+. Currently, I own the Matrix...
  4. EuropeanSwallow

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

No issues here. Hell it was just Roon Certified which is great!
  5. EuropeanSwallow

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

Well, I was considering the Benchmark HPA-4 which adds the preamp, more elaborate volume control, $100 metal remote control that doubles as a weapon, and the cool, albeit unnecessary, touch-screen interface, but I only have the one source atm and I can use my Matrix X-Sabre MQA DAC's remote...
  6. EuropeanSwallow

The headphone jacks and volume control are black! Close enough! LOL
  7. EuropeanSwallow

I've never heard the direct stream, but I've heard good things about them and have respect for the brand. I hope if you do try the Element X that you post your impressions. I'm hoping others can comment on their experience with the unit so I can get out of my own echo chamber.
  8. EuropeanSwallow

I can tell you that I've owned a Benchmark DAC1, DAC2 HGC, and even auditioned the DAC3 HGC over many years to great satisfaction, but sonically for my tastes and to my ears the Matrix Element X is simply better sounding to me at any level of volume attenuation. I enjoyed the volume control of...
  9. EuropeanSwallow

I can only subjectively tell you that their hybrid digital/analog attenuation works very well in practice and the preamp section has a very detailed, balanced, and smooth sound in my system with no harshness anywhere whatsoever.
  10. EuropeanSwallow

I am able to stream from Tidal and even MASTER MQA tracks, which displays as 352hz, but the MQA indicator didn't come on for whatever reason. I didn't try it for long this way as I use Roon for Tidal normally, but I played a few tracks.
  11. EuropeanSwallow

I am in communication with Matrix through a Facebook post which has been very responsive towards the minor issues with the Element X. The latest firmware added SMBv2.0 window share support and support for Tidal natively. They are doing a great job being responsive and getting the bugs worked...
  12. EuropeanSwallow

Update: Roon is aware the MQA issues and replicated them in their testing of the DAC. So it would seem I'll just be waiting for a firmware update to resolve these minor issues in the future. Hopefully my work arounds will help anyone using Roon with the Element X until that time. Otherwise, I'm...
  13. EuropeanSwallow

Will do. Thanks for bringing this important point up. The person who responded from Matrix seemed eager to assist with resolving all of my issues, but because of the 12hr time difference it may take longer to get a response as it's 10pm there now. I think their ticketing system isn't working...
Top Bottom