Search results

1. hardisj

Technical chat with David Bosch - Kef R&D Engineer - about loudspeaker design, IMD, and more!

A few things up front that I need to mention to ward off any negativity: 1) We had some streaming glitches. I mention this at the front of the video. I wish it weren't the case but such is life sometimes. 2) I don't monetize these videos so before you complain about ^ just remember that you're...
  2. hardisj

FS: Klipsch RP-600M II

Selling the Klipsch RP-600M II. These are the ones I just reviewed. I paid for these myself, ordered from Amazon. I'm trying to recoup my costs as best I can but understand that these being used can't be sold for retail. So, I'm asking $650 (current retail is $750+tax). Shipping is...
  3. hardisj

A whole bunch of in-wall speakers (Kef, Revel, ML, B&W, M&K, Focal)

I recently posted my video for an in-wall “shootout” which includes a LOT of speakers from $500-3000 USD. This was a huge undertaking on my part - taking about 2 months to complete - and I'm glad it's now released. The results are really, really surprising in some cases. I didn't expect so much...
  4. hardisj

Beth McMullin: Acoustic Engineer & Psychoacoustics Researcher who loves Steely Dan.

This was one of my favorite chats so far. Be sure to leave a “thanks” to Beth for sharing her time to talk about her research and AES publications. (Note: My “interviews” are not monetized) The Steely Dan thing is a joke that makes sense if you watch the video.
  5. hardisj

Beaming? Lobing? Directivity? René Of Acculution explains …

In the audio realm we talk about “beaming”, “directivity”, “lobing” and “breakup” in speakers. But I find that few people understand what it means. So, I asked René Christensen of Acculution to join me and explain. In the video below, @René - Acculution.com breaks down the math and gives us...
  6. hardisj

A tour of my home theater. JBL Pro Speakers, False Wall and lots of nostalgia.

For those who are into home theater stuffs, this is my setup. Nothing fancy but it's fun, gets dumb loud and keeps me young at heart. I know I did some things that I think "why?" now and some things would change if I were to do it over. But, that's not the point of me sharing. It's just to...
  7. hardisj

Polk R700 Review by Audioholics

(Yes, I know that this was just linked in the R200 review thread but I think it deserves its own thread rather than getting buried in the OT of that one.) James Larson's review can be found here: https://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/polk-reserve-r700 No full SPIN set of data...
  8. hardisj

Improving the loudspeaker through simulations with Rene Christensen of Acculution!

Join me as I get taken to school by Dr. René Christensen of Acculution ApS (@René - Acculution.com ) on how simulations are used to design and improve everything from loudspeaker to headphone products. If you are interested in consulting with Rene please visit his website here...
  9. hardisj

For Sale: Kef Wireless II. LNIB Condition.

Comes with all original packaging, cables and remote. Killer speakers. I purchased these used a couple months ago after reviewing and loving them. But I have barely had time to listen to them and have decided to put the money toward some other stuff that I need for my YT channel. Retail is...
  10. hardisj

Klipsch Forte IV Review (video)

For those who may be interested, here is my objective and subjective review of the Klipsch Forte IV. Klipsch tends to get a bad report from me but this offering from them is one that is closer to neutral than any others I have tested. It’s mostly a “it’s ok” take from me but it’s nowhere near as...
  11. hardisj

Chat with Laurie Fincham (Live on Sept 26, 1pm CST)

(before someone accuses me of spamming the forum; my "interviews" are not monentized. I am just sharing the chat links for those who may find them informative and educational) Join myself and Laurie for some good discussion on September 26 at 1pm CST. We plan to talk about the following...
  12. hardisj

B&W Midrange, meet Klippel Near Field Scanner. A peek behind the curtain.

Here’s something different I thought some of you might dig. If it ain’t your speed, no big deal.
  13. hardisj

Sean Olive on Predicting Loudspeaker Sound Quality and Listener Preference

For those who might be interested, @Sean Olive was gracious enough to join me for an informal live stream last night where he discussed his research into loudspeaker preference prediction. Some real good nuggets of info in here. I also gave an ASR shoutout and specifically to @pierre for his...
  14. hardisj

JBL M2 Reference Master Monitor Review

Let's see how this goes, shall we? :) I can't post a link directly to my site (since Amir has blocked it) and I'm not about to do the whole copy/paste thing (many have mistaken my reviews for Amir's and I don't want to perpetuate that). So if you want to see the written review, the full suite...
  15. hardisj

Kef LS50 Meta NFS Measurements from Wakrwyn

Featured in AudioXpress. I don’t want to post all the measurements here without their permission so here is the link and the SPIN: https://audioxpress.com/article/fresh-from-the-bench-kef-ls50-meta-the-measurements note: the scale is not quite 50dB. Looks closer to 48dB.
  16. hardisj

Apple HomePod Mini Review

Copy/paste from my site. Review may not translate from my site so here is the link to the full review on my site: https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/apple_homepod_mini/ Apple HomePod Mini Sunday, Jun 27, 2021 Foreword / YouTube Video Review The review on this website is a brief...
  17. hardisj

Bose SoundLink Revolve vs Revolve+ Bluetooth Speaker Review

Copy/paste from my site. Review may not translate from my site so here is the link to the full review on my site: https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/bose_soundlink_comparison/ Bose SoundLink Revolve vs Revolve+ Bluetooth Speaker Sunday, Jun 27, 2021 Foreword / YouTube Video...
  18. hardisj

Kali Audio IN-8v2 (Second Wave) 3-Way Studio Monitor Review

Copy/paste from my site. Review may not translate from my site so here is the link to the full review on my site: https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/kali_in-8v2/ Kali Audio IN-8v2 (Second Wave) 3-Way Studio Monitor Review Saturday, Jun 26, 2021 Foreword / YouTube Video Review...
  19. hardisj

ELAC UBR62 Speaker Review

Copy/paste from my site. Review may not translate from my site so here is the link to the full review on my site: https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/elac_ubr62/ ELAC UBR62 Speaker Review Monday, Jun 21, 2021 Foreword / YouTube Video Review The review on this website is a brief...
  20. hardisj

"Hands On" with the Klippel Nearfield Scanner

The folks at Klippel contacted me about a week ago to ask if they could use some of my past videos to promote their product on their site and on LinkedIn. I obliged, of course (I mean, duh...). It reminded me, too, that I had been meaning to create a video showing how I use the Klippel. I...
Top Bottom