Search results

1. P

Using software or hardware for EQ?

Hey fellas, Quick question, would you use software or hardware to fine tune your system? I bought a Yamaha WXC-50 the other day and am happy so far but, would you use your preamps tone stack or bypass it and use the one supplied in Spotify, for example? -Derek
  2. P

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

I just bought the preamp yesterday, pretty happy with it so far. Using it as a streaming DAC. The MusicCast app is pretty good and seems to work well. I traded a Parasound zDAC in for it.
  3. P

How can bogus claims and inferior audio thrive in a competitive market?

Being pretty new to this hobby and more of a passive listener, I could in no way justify spending more than $2k on any one piece of equipment. I’d be smart to limit myself to even lower prices, so a website like this helps people like me find the best products for a given amount of money. I had...
  4. P

What is it about McIntosh?

Re: The ST-70 comments. As an owner of an st-70 clone, would the quality of the components be a deciding factor in whether or not it’s “as good as” another brand? If McIntosh, for example, used the circuit design and built it “their way”, would it be as good as any other McIntosh? Or is it the...
  5. P

That’s a fair point, DAC’s and streaming are probably where the technology growth is going.
  6. P

True, I guess my point was is that to my newbie eyes, the depreciation of a new Mac is way less than other audio brands.
  7. P

Back before nerds were billionaires! Really though, if there’s a culture of enthusiasts for the brand that maintains the resale prices then one could maybe justify the entry cost. Harley, like I mentioned, Jeep and maybe a few other brands also have this. Though Harley has been taking a beating...
  8. P

There is a dealer closer than I thought, they have a C-52 preamp on clearance for around $6k. Compared to other high end stuff it’s like a bargain. I thought the Jeep hobby was expensive!!
  9. P

The looks have been growing on me lately, as has the industrial vibe. I work for a large aerospace company and McIntosh would blend in with some of the equipment seen in labs. However the entry price is pretty dang steep, even for used, but I guess you’d be pretty sure to get your money back...
  10. P

I’m pretty new to all things audio, and I’m curious about the mystic of McIntosh. I haven’t listened much at all to them but really appreciate the designs. It seems there’s a whole subculture not unlike Harley Davidson, people can’t really explain why they like them, they just do. What is the...
  11. P

Steve Guttenberg: Are you truth seeker or pleasure seeker?

Something tells me that Mr. Guttenberg doesn’t listen to anything other than NPR. ;)
  12. P

Review and Measurements of Klipsch Heritage DAC & HP Amp

Good point, but I don’t use headphones so that’s not an issue. I’m sure I’ll probably choose the Topping out of the three as it seems it tested well and the company is well regarded, but this Klipsch unit is really cool.
  13. P

Review and Measurements of Klipsch Heritage DAC & HP Amp

Between this, the Topping d50s and the Yamaha WXC-50 which would you recommend to replace my Parasound zDac v2?
  14. P

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

So, does it sound good? Is it worth the price?
  15. P

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Got it, surprised they don’t share the same chips. Ok, my question is re-asked, has anyone played with the DAC1?
  16. P

Disregard, just found something. Don’t know why it didn’t show up in my previous searches.
  17. P

Has anyone tried the marantz dac-1? It looks nice but I haven’t found much in the way of reviews
  18. P

The kit we bought, our current setups

I would think most would love big speakers, they can put cute stuff on them, like my wife has with my Forte II’s. How many Klipsch speakers do you see on Craigslist with water rings on top, most?
  19. P

2019 Puget Sound DIY Audio Show

Are there going to be vendors or is it just “show and tell”?
  20. P

2019 Puget Sound DIY Audio Show

Oh man! I just found this thread, definitely going to try to be there, I live west of Gig Harbor so it’s not too far of a haul. -Derek
Top Bottom