Search results

1. S

Review and Measurements of Totaldac d1-six DAC

You are definitely missing a point of windings on separate spools or shielding in isolation transformers, as you are trying to shift discussion to other things like grounding. You obviously don't need such ground, as in every system you should have a single ground, but it is a separate issue...
  2. S

So, they are not isolating at all and UL prevents from doing that? Interesting. We have perhaps better safety regulation or Wikipedia is wrong. If I were nasty, I would ask for a proof, but I leave alone, as it is not my business.
  3. S

Well, if you don't know, ask around, but I suggest not on the forum, as there is something weird there. As for the isolation transformer, they are designed slightly different to the transformers installed inside the equipment, where a main goal is to contain radiation inside the core. Maybe...
  4. S

No love for IcePower?

47 kOhm is valid only for low frequencies. 125ASX2 and 50ASX2 input stage has 20dB/dec anti-aliasing LP filter that reduce impedance to 8 kOhms at 20kHz. This value is given in a datasheet. If you put potenciometer there, it would be a significant roll-off starting around 1kHz. But is is fine to...
  5. S

This is exactly what I wrote a moment ago. You did 100 tests more than many others, but not many with AC power conveter, did you? You changed frequency to 60Hz, but changing frequency could not eliminate ground loops, there were still there.
  6. S

As others have already responded to this question, I'd like to add, that Amir equipment is first grade and, if any grounding problems were in the past it was properly dealt with. The only difference between other DUTs and Totaldac setup is an addition of a quality lab power converter, as...
  7. S

No, Amir. You gave us suggestion that a leak in a DAC transformer could be a cause instead of ground loops. Not proven as you didn't investigate it any further. I do agree to the point that it could, but in addition to the ground loops. A critical moment for a proof that you had ground loops in...
  8. S

Linear Phase filter settings. Topping: How we (ASR) can help?

That is completely off topic. You may agree or disagree with my understanding of ground loops, but you shouldn't bring it here.
  9. S

As you quoted there are two settings for this filter: fast and slow roll off (which in this case is fast rolloff for better measurement result, are there?). In addition chip can work with single speed, double speed mode, etc.... There are number of combinations of chosing a mode for the same...
  10. S

All you are saying ... again... that Topping cannot change filter parameters, that's interesting...
  11. S

All you say that Topping cannot change filter parameters, that's interesting...
  12. S

Nope. You keep denying despite Amir gave you an evidence.
  13. S

Maybe measurements first without evident ground loops.
  14. S

You responded in the same context, so I am afraid you can only confirm or withdraw. :) This case is different to the grace. The filter is tuned to achieve the best measurements in tests with complete disregard to how it sounds.
  15. S

Not sure what to do after step 2&3. Slow sweep FFT? How to compare bits? If we forget for a moment about piano phenomenon (which is exclusively my observation), a single simple tone sounds very clean, but orchestral intensive parts or other harmonic complex sound like choir come out distorted...
  16. S

Competition? You've got your recognition in the OP, so please don't be ashamed. Maybe you want to withdraw your comment as quoted in OP?
  17. S

Review and Measurements of SMSL M100 DAC

Thanks for the tests. I also see it as a good alternative to the topping D10. Slow roll-off filter - did they do it to get better piano sound? They listen to sajunky, perhaps. Just wondering. A few dB in already inaudible range do not matter, so I would chose one with better sound.
  18. S

True. Paid $130 for a poor filter. Can you imagine? Natural sound of piano is very complex, so I gather it would be difficult to analyze. A simplified test pattern is probably better way to do that.
Top Bottom