Search results

1. C

Finding the base volume for listening headphones

Thanks for the responses. I have been using Loudness Normalization in most of my players and it has been working well for me. I guess the main concern for me is avoiding loud sound that may cause damage to my ears since sometimes i can't tell if it's too loud. :D
  2. C

Finding the base volume for listening headphones

This is kinda an odd question because many music files have different volumes, thus volume level can become different on each track. However, as a base volume, how do you guys find the sweet spot on the amplifier? Do you use a specific track when testing headphones to get them at the desired db?
  3. C

Amplifier for HD800S

Good to know, that makes things easier. thank you so much. I think I will go with the E30/Atom combo after i test it on my current setup. Thank you for clarifying. The Element II was on my list before, the clean setup makes it a great choice. However, I have a room for separate amp / DAC...
  4. C

Amplifier for HD800S

Thank you for your input. Any reason why you preferred Asgard 3 over the others?
  5. C

Amplifier for HD800S

I could go up to the price of the Monolith THX 887 ($399). But if the $99 amps have a very close performance to the higher priced ones, I wouldn't feel like paying the extra money.
  6. C

Amplifier for HD800S

Thank you, I was thinking of the same thing as your second point there. I currently don't have the HD800S, but it's on the way. My current setup is: Magni 3/Modi 3 with the Denon AH-D7200. But I wanted to upgrade this setup to something like the Topping E30 / Atom or Heresy since they are...
  7. C

Amplifier for HD800S

I am currently looking for an amplifier for HD800S. I am considering the JDS Atom, Schiit Heresy , Schiit Vali, Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Looking through different websites, many people suggest that the HD800S is hard to drive / sounds bad with amps like the Atom and Magni. However, from what I...
  8. C

Adjusting Source vs Amp

There are many opinions about this topic in many forums. Some people suggest adjusting the source and maxing the amp volume knob. While others suggest the opposite, maxing the source and lowering the amp for the s/n ratio. Others also suggest 70% or 71% claiming it returns 0db, which i am not...
Top Bottom