Search results

1. T

AI generated TL speaker

A couple beers in… wondering if anyone is using AI to design speaker boxes yet, specifically TL? I think it would be a neat thing dea if someone created a program with a couple different types of box types and you just plug in the TS parameters to create a box design, it’s all math after all.
  2. T

Treble and bass gain measurements

I think it would be interesting to see measurements on classic style integrated amplifiers and pre-amplifiers that have bass and trouble gain. More specifically to see what frequencies are affected and how linear the change is.
  3. T

Analyzing audio and augmented reality

Saw this over on Reddit, thought it was cool
  4. T

Question on amplification

Amplifiers that double their power from eight ohms and four ohms are generally considered good. Let’s say you have an amplifier that outputs 100 W at eight ohms and 160 W at four ohms. At 50 W at eight ohms would it double to 100 W at four ohms or would it be linear amplification based on max...
  5. T

DX3 Pro+ dFU mode

Please help! Just moved into a house and no internet. Marantz wont go into Bluetooth pairing mode and DX3 is stuck in dFU. I can’t find the manual, Google didn’t help and I just want music.
  6. T

Dirac desktop implementation

Might be a silly question and I think I know the answer. If I get the desktop version of Dirac and a DX7 pro (just as an example) would using XLR’s for amp and RCA’s for dual subs work or do I need a multi channel DAC that I can load the filters onto? In all honesty I’ll probably end up with a...
  7. T

Microdosing with massage

True micro dosing (0.126g) mushrooms with a massage, highly recommend, 10 out of 10 
  8. T

Helm Audio DB12 AAAMP

Just ordered to use with iPad mini and Drop HD6xx for movies. There are some negative reviews on Drop but mine arrived in good condition and seem to work excellent. The photos on drop are incorrect but the description is correct as this is a balanced amplifier. The balanced TRRS plugs are good...
  9. T

Room gain, sealed vs ported

I might be moving my system into a pretty small room and I’m running dual SVS SB3000’s. Doing some research it looks like I’ll get a huge amount of room gain below 35hz… longest wall 15’, 126 ft.² and about 1050 ft.³. In my reading it looks like sealed subs benefit much more from room gain than...
  10. T

Multi channel DAC for DLBC

Thinking of running full Dirac with DLBC to a multi channel DAC from PC. Want to run stereo with dual subs, the only DAC that looks like it would work is the Topping DM7 but it’s got a frequency response of 20hz -40khz. It won’t do any of the infrasonic bass and I’m going to have significant...
  11. T

Can you measure imaging and soundstage?

Like the title says, can you quantify or measure imaging and soundstage? I have had many different speakers, some large and some small, sometimes the large speakers have smaller soundstage than a bookshelf.. sometimes much less expensive speakers image much better than a more expensive or better...
  12. T

Marantz MA500U monoblocks

Fixed my NAD 705 for the last time. Just picked up a pair of MA500’s for $300 using with DX3Pro+ and RBH 61R’s. Maxed the volume and the amp is dead silent, other than that I can’t say much. Passed the Primus my name is mud challenge and definitely woke up the RBH’s but I could still use a sub.
  13. T

DX3 pro + HD6XX’s not enough power

Thinking of adding a Monoprice 887 for more power. Any issues to this setup? Seems the most cost effective solution…
  14. T

JL Audio 8w3v3 for home sub

My car just got totaled in an accident along with my JL audio subwoofer box. It was a ported box but I’m wondering how the speakers would do in a sealed enclosure for a subwoofer in my bedroom. http://www.loudspeakerdatabase.com/JL/8W3v3-4
  15. T

Looking for budget amp

Looking for a budget amp for a bedroom setup. Going to use DX3 pro as preamp and RBH SV-61R’s. The speakers are a little difficult to drive but it shouldn’t be a problem in a bedroom at moderate levels. I’d like to keep it under $500
  16. T

Krell KSA 100 MK2

Local HiFi store has Ann excellent condition Krell KSA 100 mk2 stereo amp for $1,500. I don’t mind the space heater function but how difficult would this be to repair as it ages? Other than heat and it’s lack of an energy star rating are there any other downsides to this amp?
  17. T

Amazon 16/44.1 streaming

Just got my PX3pro and plugged it into my laptop via USB and the best I can get is 44.1. Is there a setting in my PC that needs to be changed?
  18. T

DX3 pro+ and iPhone streaming quality

ordered the DX3 pro+ when it was on sale, will be using it with HD6XX’s and streaming from my iPhone mostly Amazon HD. What quality can I expect streaming this was and are there options to improve it?
  19. T

Weird, streaming Amazon tonight

This is totally weird, streaming Amazon to my Marantz. Everything I stream sounds like it’s switching between a 33 and 45LP constantly throughout the songs. Makes no sense, I haven’t got a clue
  20. T

DAC/amp streamer for iPhone

Pretty straight forward question, looking for great streaming DAC/Amp to use with iPhone as a source. HD6xx for headphones and I use Tidal and Amazon for my media. DX7 Pro is my leading contender but I think I can do just as well with something lower priced that will fit my needs without a...
Top Bottom