Search results

1. R

Minidsp routing and gain for single subwoofer

Or perhaps I am mistaken: when I combine / add two (digital) channels and want to prevent clipping all bits should move 1 position towards "less significance" which is approximately -6db?
  2. R

Minidsp routing and gain for single subwoofer

Hi, In all examples for implementing a single subwoofer using a MiniDsp device I see routing matrix examples where input1 and input2 are added for the subwoofer channel. However, couldn’t simply adding two channels lead to clipping? Wouldn’t it be better to add them at -3.0 dB? Thank you!
  3. R

REW measurement B&W DM 100i

Hi, I got myself some second hand speakers for my home office, a small attic room, rather vintage B&W DM 100i 's. For what I paid for them they sound quite nice. Detailed, but somewhat bright but with a rather ok bass. I just measured them using REW and wanted to share the results with you (VAR...
  4. R

Show us your bicycles!

My Quest velomobile: Fast & comfortable. Not good for urban trips, great for long distance rides.
  5. R

High resolution audio vs. CD: A null-test

by the way, English is a Germanic language…
  6. R

The Truth Pre Amp Review

It looks like the left rotary button is placed lower than the other ?!?
  7. R

Is Spotify darker than lossless?

Right. I probably used standard quality. Getting to think about it: my aim was to test the frequency response of an amplifier I was working on. The curve I measured at it outputs using the test tones on Spotify as its inputs wasn't flat. This triggered me to test the frequency response of the...
  8. R

Is Spotify darker than lossless?

I recently checked some ‘audio test tones’ that are on Spotify using a strobe. Above 15kHz they flatlined. Perhaps that does explain it?
  9. R

Stupid mistakes big companies make on specs, brochures or websites. Doh!

I just came across a consumer-to-consumer ad of an amp with this photo attached. Wonder how that will sound when it is demoed:
  10. R

KEF's new Metamaterial Absorption Technology

I've combined the LS50 vs the LS50 Meta measurements from https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/ in one image:
  11. R

KEF LS50 Upgrade

Kef LS50 Meta anechoic measurements: https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2421:nrc-measurements-kef-ls50-meta-loudspeakers&catid=77:loudspeaker-measurements&Itemid=153 Seems pretty good, at first sight!
  12. R

Bowers & Wilkins 805S Bookshelf Speaker Review

Look nice but what is the significance when it is equalized using a dsp? Relevant would be a measurement from an anechoic room or a nearfield measuring device.
  13. R

Denon DA-500 Vintage R2R DAC Review

But how would it perform using an audiophile mains cable? ;)
  14. R

You mean, similar to what the Nautilus manual says “less smooth response with the grill removed” or what the S manual says (nothing about the smoothness - i.e. dispersion? )? The Nautilus has a crossover at 3 kHz, the S at 4 kHz (says amirm), would that explain that from the S on, smoothness is...
  15. R

@amirm tested with the magnetic grill of the tweeter removed. B&W recommends to keep it on, for better dispersion (at least that is what the 805N manual states).
  16. R

Its predecessor, the 805N has the crossover frequency at 3000Hz (according to Stereophile), iso 4000Hz. Wonder why that might be...
  17. R

Intona USB 3.0 Isolator Review

Still, it probably will help fix SQ issues when there is a ground loop over USB (as I experience with my NUC; regardless the DAC I use: SQ problems manifest themselves when using the phono input on the amp ; regardless the amp I use). But as Amirm shows; it will not magically solve problems you...
  18. R

Source computer's HUGE effect on fidelity

Regardless all the sarcasm (?): I experience degraded sound (when using my turntable!?) that appears to be caused by the computer and USB connections with both DACs I own (Topping D10 and Musical FIdelity V-DAC) don't solve (unless using the D10 as a USB to optical converter).
  19. R

USB isolator

I experienced a buzz issue caused by USB. It manifested itself in a buzz over the phono preamp (!). It happened regardless the DAC (tested a Musical Fidelity VDac and the internal DAC of the NAD D3020). I solved it by adding this USB optocoupler...
Top Bottom