Search results

1. amadeuswus

What hardware do I need to stream Atmos releases on Amazon Music over speakers?

I have been seeing the Atmos tag on more and more Amazon Music HD releases, and I would appreciate your guidance on how to play these releases over speakers. Currently my setup is stereo for streaming and surround for blu-rays and sacds -- Amazon Music > WiiM Pro (coaxial output) > Oppo BD-105...
  2. amadeuswus

Recommended bluetooth or wifi receiver with RCA output?

Asking for a friend (really!).... This is his question: "We would like to stream music from our phone (Spotify, etc.) to our Bose CD player/speaker system, which has a pair of RCA input ports. I have found this and this which both use Bluetooth as the connection medium but have no idea if they...
  3. amadeuswus

Inexpensive base/pole mount for height channel speakers?

I have a growing collection of the MDG label's 2+2+2 classical music SACDs (where the center and subwoofer channels are used as height channels). So far, I've only been able to play them as 2+2. I've never warmed to the idea of installing speaker mounting brackets in the ceiling. After seeing...
  4. amadeuswus

2-pronged IEC connector on Sunfire Cinema Seven amp?

Hello, I am wondering if my Sunfire Cinema Seven amp (thanks Craigslist!) might have been modified, and if so why.... The IEC connector has two prongs rather than the usual three. (The prong that would sit forward of the pair of parallel prongs isn't there.) The User's Manual has several...
  5. amadeuswus

"Free Speaker cabinets [by Aerial Acoustics] - Take as many as you want" [Massachusetts]

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/ele/d/lawrence-free-speaker-cabinets-take-as/7323093065.html This is not my listing. (If it is, I've forgotten why "I have about 150 of these. Two sizes." ;) ) I assume the cabinets are sturdy and well-braced if they were really intended for Aerial...
  6. amadeuswus

Berkshire Record Outlet for classical music SACDs and CDs

Berkshire Record Outlet, or "BROINC," is a great source for SACDs at bargain prices. (They also have some blu-rays and many CDs.) In the past, I've received a few discs that were "cutouts" (still in shrinkwrap but with a marking or slash on the spine), but my most recent order was completely...
  7. amadeuswus

2012 Absolute Sound review of the Steinway Lyngdorf Model S amp/speaker system

https://www.geckohomecinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Steinway-Model-S-Review.pdf I am not shopping in this price bracket by any means, but I am searching for a reasonably priced "on-wall" speaker for a family room. This review by Robert Greene of TAS makes a strong case for the virtues...
Top Bottom