Search results

1. D

members area

why does the "members area" exist if content is limited to the arbitrary whims of the moderator?
  2. D

Any conspiracy theorists here?

Anyone here who thinks; we never landed on the moon 9/11 was an inside job Sandy Hook was a hoax Oswald was framed the marathon bombers didn't do it we didn't kill Bin Laden no plane hit the pentagon covid is fake covid vax is a plot by Bill Gates to plant microchips in us
  3. D

Home theater or stereo?

I'm interested to know do most here, when listening to music (not movies) listen to a surround sound system or two channel stereo? Can a home theater surround system be easily switched to just front left/front right two channel?
  4. D

new phone

At the risk of admitting how dumb I am I'm 69 yrs old and just got my first smartphone ( I always had a flip-phone in the past). It's an iphone and it's so f**king complicated to navigate and use it's driving me nuts. Spent hours figuring out how to send group texts and even answering an...
  5. D

Crown amp?

I've always been wondering about crown amps. They look to have mind-boggling power output at a bargain basement price. I've never heard one so my question is; does anyone here own a crown amp and if so, what is your experience with it? The high-end audiophile sites all seem to say the same...
  6. D

amp

Just read a review on an audio site which shall remain nameless of dual monoblock amps which cost 45,000$. On top of this one of them turned out to be defective. But my question is WTF??????? 45K for stereo amps? What are these people thinking? This isn't rocket science. A stereo power amp...
  7. D

a clean car rides better

I cleaned my entertainment system. Took it apart and cleaned the components, the glass shelves, the floor behind it (the dust bunnies were scary), everything. I swear it now sounds better. Amazing detail. Awesome soundstage. Any thoughts?
  8. D

women and Floyd

I've read that most women generally dislike Pink Floyd. I would be interested if anyone here has had experience with this. I have not. Guys, does your wife/girlfriend dislike Floyd? And ladies here (I know there must be some) how about it? Floyd?
  9. D

CD vs hi-res

I know this subject has been debated, ad nauseum, before here but I would like to see a vote on this here. How many here believe they hear a sound quality difference between CD and "hi res"?
  10. D

bluetooth

My apologies if this is already common knowledge around here. I tried bluetooth both in my car and on my home system and the sq seemed very poor to me. Was that because bluetooth has crummy sq or maybe there was something else going on? Do bluetooth speakers have poor sq? If so, why? When I...
  11. D

hi res

Forgive me for revisiting a subject which has probably been covered, ad nauseum, before here but has anyone here ever heard any difference between CD quality audio and so called "hi-res"? I have compared them and concluded that either there is no difference or that the recording quality...
  12. D

optical

In all the discussion about wires there doesn't seem to be anything about the digital/optical connection. I've been using this connection for certain sources into my AVR and as far as I can tell it has perfect sound quality. It's only two channel but I'm not interested in surround. Have there...
  13. D

Bullit Mustang with Molly McQueen

Steve McQueen's grand daughter Molly
  14. D

Beatles

I love the Beatles but one thing I've always wondered about; why does their music have no detail or transparency or sound quality at all? I know it was recorded 50 years ago but still it seems to me that it should have had better sq than it does. I believe it was recorded on four or eight...
  15. D

sub in a closet

because of the layout of my listening room there's no good place for a sub since it's a hardwood floor and I can't have wires lying across the floor and there's not enough room next to the audio system but there is a closet right next to the system. I know it seems counter-intuitive to have it...
  16. D

streaming vs bluray

So I streamed "Wonder Woman 1984" off of HBO max a few months ago. I was disappointed. The movie didn't seem that great. Today I rented the bluray of the movie and watched it at home. Holy Moly, it's much better than I thought!! The bluray picture is far superior to the (alleged) 1080 HD...
  17. D

CBD

Has anyone here tried any CBD product? I did and it seemed to do absolutely nothing. A quick google search will reveal the (so called) "health claims" for CBD which seem to include just about everything but the weasel-worded way in which these claims are made seem carefully designed to avoid...
  18. D

Gal does SNL

19. D

Conan and Gal Gadot

Top Bottom