Search results

1. digicidal

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Even moreso considering on the Tekton side, Eric can simply re-release the same speaker with a different name and call it a new SKU (and invalidate prior reviews for the most part). There is a long history (in the US at least) of shady businesses doing this with the entire company. Wrack up...
  2. digicidal

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

If you mean personal preference for aesthetics, brand, price, inputs, etc. then "yes" - more than that and humans lack the organic equipment to determine audible differences. The only way any actual differences can be heard is by utilizing what are measurably the most inaccurate components in...
  3. digicidal

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

I don't think fewer DSP options would save them anything at all... I'm just expecting them to remove some from the lesser model to provide greater SKU separation. Companies do this all the time (hence the CPU reference). If that's the case, someone will eventually find a hack to get them back...
  4. digicidal

On the "upside" (if you can consider it such) by the time ART is likely to be reliably working and available on this... you can probably pick up an AV10 on the used market for less than half price. At least if history is any guide - I'd definitely be surprised if it happened within the next...
  5. digicidal

Yes, for the most part. If the previous generations can be considered "authoritative" in any sense (not saying it is... but companies rarely change a working formula): - Probably 2-4 fewer channels output (also possibly just swapping some XLR outputs for unbalanced only). - Cheaper materials...
  6. digicidal

March Audio P122 Class D Amplifier Measurements

I think most of us are in that boat... the information age has dramatically increased the speed and ease with which we generate new data. Unfortunately, optimized organization of that data is still mostly a manual process (and a very subjective one). Despite massive technology advancements in...
  7. digicidal

March Audio P122 Class D Amplifier Measurements

You can see on the date ranges at the top of that chart (7/2/2019 9:37... through the day prior to posting the review). Most likely that setup file was selected due to the NAD T578 & 1ET400A being good high/low range comparisons. Based on the "start date" you can see the legends appear to come...
  8. digicidal

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

Perhaps needlessly pedantic, but while those two points are undoubtedly the top 2 reasons for using headphones - along with mobility and eliminating room involvement - I'd say the term "headphone culture" describes quite a different set of parameters. Just like the vast ideological expanse...
  9. digicidal

Many years ago I would have agreed with you... now I couldn't disagree more. I can't come up with a reason for not wanting to use HDMI with any PC you'd have connected to a $7K processor... but if there is one... Toslink, streaming over Wifi or LAN, BT, etc. seem far better (and cleaner...
  10. digicidal

Aiyima A07 Max Amplifier Review

I guess the only way to make some people happy would be SOTA performance, a literally bullet-proof product, for a lower price than a fart in a mall, and with a dedicated customer service representative on speed-dial. While I would also like this pipe-dream to become reality... I definitely...
  11. digicidal

Neil Young PONO player Review

It's a vicious cycle: See a good idea and dismiss it out of ignorance or cost concerns. See it become popular and extremely profitable for the mavericks that were first. Condemn, disparage, litigate, propagandize, etc. in an attempt to return market to previous state. Attempt to tweak it...
  12. digicidal

TOPPING DX9!

Agreed. Unless they've completely messed up the DMP-A8 somehow, it's reasonable to assume similar or greater performance to the DMP-A6 in which case there would be no reason to ever purchase both devices (certainly not for a single system/location). Flowery prose of "reviewers" aside... they...
  13. digicidal

TOPPING DX9!

On the one hand I do understand the "value" arguments (against) but on the other... how many DACs even in this market cost more than $1300 yet deliver less. Sure you can argue features or (maybe) brand cache for Matrix Audio... but then again - now you're talking 2-3 times as much for the...
  14. digicidal

Show us your Cars

I wasn't even able to see the i4 in that picture (trying to get a better view of the silver spider)... now you tell me there's a garage in the picture as well?!?! ;)
  15. digicidal

Matrix Audio mini-i 4 Streamer Review

I too would love this concept... but I would happily accept a more universal middle ground. I'm less concerned with size however. NAD (and a few others) seemed to be approaching this concept with modular bays for adding functions and I/O to devices... unfortunately they also decided to charge a...
  16. digicidal

Matrix Audio mini-i 4 Streamer Review

I believe the device you're thinking of is called an AVP. :D All you have to give up is a moderate amount of performance and accept an extremely large box that costs about 6 times as much as this streamer. Oh yeah, and you still need to buy amps for it unless you want to give up more than just...
  17. digicidal

A Call For Humor!

I've been feeling like this more and more recently. Not allowed an opinion, but handed the bill every time. :rolleyes:
  18. digicidal

A Call For Humor!

I've been voting YES on NO for as long as I can remember... never seems to get passed however.
  19. digicidal

EAR Yoshino 834L Deluxe Preamp Review

Not sure on that middle one, but the other two are these.
  20. digicidal

A Call For Humor!

Or is it farm to table?
Top Bottom