Search results

1. M

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Tekton has no shortage of money to pay lawyers. A far wiser use of this money would be to invest in a Klippel system so that he can truly understand how his speakers perform and can be improved rather than rely on simulations.
  2. M

SMSL D400 Pro Balanced DAC Review

I 100% agree. These DAC manufacturers have become measurebators and seem to be pre-occupied with trying to top the SINAD chart. What about resolving basic needs like including a 12V trigger.
  3. M

WiiM Pro is Now Roon Ready + Prime Day Sale

Prime Day has commenced (in Australia). Only the Wiim Mini is discounted. The Wii Pro is full price.
  4. M

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Day 2

I believe those former owners you refer to are the exception since I rarely see used Dutch&Dutch speakers for sale.
  5. M

Dutch & Dutch 8C - Firmware V2.2 (Spotify Connect)

Spotify Connect is now available on the 8C's with firmware 2.2, along with many improvements!! https://support.dutchdutch.com/release-notes-d-d-8-series-firmware-2-2/
  6. M

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

So it seems ... for those with OCD.
  7. M

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

Is it really necessary to have this same debate every time a DAC is reviewed on ASR??
  8. M

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

The issue is likely setup or a fault with your unit since several others on AVSFORUM have complained of similar issues with units fitted with the AKM chip.
  9. M

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

I would much rather companies like SMSL focus on delivering functionality that people have been wanting for years ... like a 12v trigger.
  10. M

Chinese Purifi 1ET400A Clone amp ???

They are the best at copying almost everything ... but not wine. A big win for Penfolds recently: https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/victory-for-treasury-wines-in-chinese-court-over-alleged-copycat-brand-20220810-p5b8ny.html
  11. M

China is the number one source for counterfeit products in the wold. This is not my impression. It is fact.
  12. M

Might be fake, might not be fake? Seriously?? It's marketed as a "Replica Hypex Purifi 1ET400A"
  13. M

China has become synonymous with Fake, a problem which goes back decades when the Chinese government introduced a policy to encourage this shameful practice. Fake China – where copyright means copy-it-right https://bikebiz.com/fake-china-where-copyright-means-copy-it-right/amp/
  14. M

China ... another clone, another dollar
  15. M

Chord DAVE Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Steve Huff is right for once. This thing is definitely spooky. From his review: "The DAVE is airy and specializes in presenting your music in a clear, detailed 3 dimensional way with top shelf imaging. I have never heard a presentation so real, so eerie and spooky at times."
  16. M

NORDOST TYR 2 Review (Coax Cable)

You don't buy a Rolex for it's competent timekeeping. A $50 quartz watch is all you need. Rolex is an investment asset and appreciates over time. Not convinced. Check historical prices.
  17. M

The REAL Problem of March Audio's Sointuva WG (Review, Measurements and Reinforcements with Klippel device)

It is not necessary in ordinary circumstances to supply measurements. However, in this instance, March called Nuyes a liar and asserted that the speakers measured poorly because they were modified by Nuyes. He also stated in his response to the client: "We test all the speakers, measure and...
  18. M

The REAL Problem of March Audio's Sointuva WG (Review, Measurements and Reinforcements with Klippel device)

Alan March stated that he tests and measures all speakers prior to shipping. Please ask him to provide the measurements for the speakers sent to Nuyes. If he is not able to provide these measurements, he has zero credibility.
  19. M

Driver resonance is evident in every test for speakers that use this Purifi driver including their very own SPK5 design. See ASR review below. The peak at around 380Hz is driver resonance not port resonance...
  20. M

I find it bemusing that March Audio would criticise measurements taken by someone using a Klippel system. If I recall correctly, March Audio tests his speakers by sitting them on a tall ladder in an open field on a not so windy day :facepalm:
Top Bottom