Search results

1. K

SBAF getting an APx555

You will probably grab one? When I saw @IVX post more and more about his Cosmos ADC (here, on DIYaudio and his Youtube), all I thought was: "Shut up and take my money!" I definitely want one and I want it ASAP ;)
  2. K

Understanding easy to drive headphones vs 600OHM monsters and the impact of/requirement for, a headphone AMP

Compared to what? How are you currently driving the low impedance headphones that would then be driven from a dedicated headphone amp? Also, why do you make your post unnecessarily hard to read? Maybe a little more structure would help. Also, no need to post in ALL CAPS, when you can have parts...
  3. K

TCA HPA-10 headphone amp

There is a block diagram that should answer most of the questions one could have about the internals ;)
  4. K

SMSL SH-9 THX Headphone Amplifier Review

How do you know what are shocking news to me? A stepped attenuator is not a "better potentiometer", it is a stepped attenuator. They each have their benefits, their drawbacks and their place.
  5. K

Benchmark HPA4 seems to do fine without cryocooling ;)
  6. K

Indeed you are right, I forgot this was a THX AAA of the unbalanced variety :facepalm:
  7. K

In total we are most likely looking at: 16 Relays, 16 Flyback Diodes, 16 MOSFETs 32 SMD Resistors + maybe a separate 7812 for all the relays or something I still think they probably put it on a daughterboard.
  8. K

Probably vertically stacked PCBs.
  9. K

Absolute Silence - Server Build & Turemetal UP10 Case Review

I see you have a Caselabs Mercury S3. I also own one in gunmetal grey, love that case. Edit: I even have the same singularity computers reservoir. And 280mm HWLabs Nemesis GTS/GTX radiators ;)
  10. K

Denon DA-500 Vintage R2R DAC Review

I arrived too late to the party. Wanted to give some of these R2R DACs a try for fun, but I am not going to pay 100 USD für most likely fake ICs from chinese Ebay vendors ;)
  11. K

Plant of Asahi Kasei Microsystems on fire.

But still no full datasheets or even application notes without signing NDA I think. I was going to send ESS an email about that. Maybe they see this only for repair purposes, but if they made the conscious decision to enable people to more easily work with their devices, they might as well...
  12. K

Plant of Asahi Kasei Microsystems on fire.

This is really sad stuff. I already put in quite a few hours in designing my own evaluation board for AK4499 and now they are not available anywhere. At least I have a few AK4490s as a backup plan. Hopefully they can temporarily outsource production of some of their digital ICs, because those...
  13. K

Volume control: pre DAC digital or post DAC analog?

Here is also the actual link to the ESS website. Maybe a moderator can replace the file in my first post with the link. I think I am partially to blame because I called it an App-Note when it really was just a presentation held at RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest) - the target audience is...
  14. K

Volume control: pre DAC digital or post DAC analog?

I was going to link to the ESS Application Notes, but the website (at least for me in this moment) seems to be having some issues. Just some reading material.
  15. K

Curiously Strong CMOY Headphone Amp Review

If you only want to use one dual OpAmp in your CMOY, OPA1688 is probably among the best options. Also, for comprehensive OpAmp measurements: http://www.nanovolt.ch/resources/ic_opamps/index.html Says about OPA2132/34:
  16. K

Considerations for DIY amplifiers

I thought the budget was kind of flexible. But maybe the issue is that my budgets often turn out too flexible on projects like these ;)
  17. K

Considerations for DIY amplifiers

I can only repeat: Look at Neurochrome Modulus-86. Tom doesn't provide schematics, that is correct. But for example if you buy a bare board and populate it yourself, you will have a rough idea of the circuit afterwards (assuming you have some electronics knowledge and aren't too lazy to read...
  18. K

What is on your workbench right now?

Some of Bruno Putzey's Balanced Volume Controls in beautiful Oshpark Afterdark to show off those differential pairs. This particular one is for a friend. Yes those are snakoil, audio-grade Nichicon caps. I think they look nice, so give me a break :p The UES are actually the cheapest 10uF...
Top Bottom