Search results

1. thehun

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

Many in the review industry puts it above those 2. I can't offer my opinion since I never owned one.
  2. thehun

Smyth Realizer 16

I have one for sale anyone interested it is a 2U unit, and it's still in the box, only opened it for inspection.
  3. thehun

Focal Utopia Review (Headphone)

French Jewelry is it? Just don't pair it with the Total DAC ! :D
  4. thehun

Kali Bluetooth Receiver and BT Codec Quality (Video)

256KBps but yes very good quality. You mean for IOS? Yes AAC, for Macs or Mac OS Aptx is available.
  5. thehun

Audio Technica ATH-M50X Review (Closed Headphone)

Tyll of the now defunct Innerfidelity site did measure them and they were very close if not exact the same. AT claimed at the time of release of the X that there was no difference. I have both but the old 50 have different pads on so it would make no sense to compare them now, but in any case...
  6. thehun

Audio Technica ATH-M50X Review (Closed Headphone)

Anyone using the Android EQ app called "wavelet"? It said to correct HP response to the Harman curve and they have 2300 models in their bank available to anyone who upgrade to the premium version. It also has all sorts of manual fine-tune options as well. I have BT version of this HP and the...
  7. thehun

Bose QuietComfort 35 II Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

Didn't they have the slogan "Better sound through research" for decades now? To me, Bose has always been about using crappy parts like transducers and try to correct them with a dubious amount of DSP. This is evidenced here, and the same goes for their car audio setups.
  8. thehun

Marantz AV7705 Home Theater Processor Review

Those are two completely different things handled by entirely 2 different chips. The measured data was without any DSP processing naturally and the outcome was hampered by the filter and of course the analog section that follows the DAC.
  9. thehun

I think a lot of people here misunderstand the purpose of this board. The measurements here more often than not criticize engineering short comings rather than passing judgments of actual audible qualities, unless of course it's so bad that it can be judged "broken". When it comes to AV products...
  10. thehun

Chord Huei Phono Preamp Review

I wonder how their DAC's stack up.
  11. thehun

Datasat LS10 AV Processor Review

Monoprice's HTP1 was either built by Datasat , or they were hired to consult on it, either case the resemblance is obvious including the PC set up idea, though on the Monoprice it was updated quiet a bit for both looks and usefulness it seems. In any case Monoprice gives you a better product...
  12. thehun

Bottlehead Crack Headphone Amplifier Kit Review

it measures more like a "bottleneck" .
  13. thehun

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

This bloke from Romania posted a three way comparison review against the Benchmark and Drop THX AAA cousins. when I asked in the comment section about a claimed "deeper" bass of the SP200 vs the Drop if it was just subjective or if he has any measurements to back it up, well his response was...
  14. thehun

xDuoo Link Portable Headphone DAC & Amp

well clearly there is a market for it, I just wondered who.
  15. thehun

xDuoo Link Portable Headphone DAC & Amp

I always wondered what users are these dongles were designed for? The cellphone user who's phone lacks the 3.5mm jack or for laptop users on the go? In either case I find that BT especially TWS are far more practical these days, they probably don't measure too well[ if it can be done at all]...
  16. thehun

I have one of these, can't say I'm surprised after the 8805, but still..... good news I paid quiet a bit less than MSRP and for movies [it's prime reason I bought it] does very well especially with Audessy Flat engaged.
  17. thehun

Announcement: ASR Will Be Measuring Speakers!

thanks for your hard work...
  18. thehun

iBasso DC02 USB Phone DAC & Amp Review

Didn't Darko recommended this in his "DAP days are over"[or something similar] column?
  19. thehun

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

Lavorgna loved all the products from this company, nuff said! :facepalm:
Top Bottom