Search results

1. Ozymandias

Audiopraise VanityPro Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

I received my unit on Thursday and have been using it the last couple days. It has the latest firmware and the multichannel XLR output board. So far I haven’t experienced the dropout issues reported by others with the previous version of the firmware. My setup is described briefly below...
  2. Ozymandias

Thanks. I just ordered the VanityPro. Hopefully I don't face the problem at all.
  3. Ozymandias

I am thinking of purchasing this unit to use with my Okto DAC8 Pro. What was the solution you got from Pavel @Kal Rubinson? Thanks
  4. Ozymandias

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

Thanks for the clear and detailed explanation of the problem @mdsimon2 ! Is @PavelV aware of this issue? So far I’ve only been using the pure usb mode of my DAC8 but I’m planning to get the VanityPro and use that to connect my Blu-ray player to my DAC8 via the AES/EBU inputs so I’m interested...
  5. Ozymandias

@Kal Rubinson You can’t leave us hanging like that ! :) What would your personal choice be for DSP with the Okto DAC8?
  6. Ozymandias

+1 @PavelV The manual on the AudioPraise website only mentions Windows PC support for firmware upgrades. Will there be support for macOS users? I'm considering purchasing the VanityPRO but Windows-only support would be a deal breaker for me.
  7. Ozymandias

HDMI Audio to USB Conversion?

@linuxfan Does this use DoP when outputting DSD over the coax/optical outputs? Thanks
  8. Ozymandias

I also updated my firmware as well using a tool Pavel sent me.
  9. Ozymandias

Buchardt S400 Speaker Review

I wasn't aware of this upgrade. I wonder what measurable differences can be expected in performance?
  10. Ozymandias

New Product: Arvus H2-4D Atmos Renderer, Simultaneous 16 channel AES/Balanced Analog/Dante Output

It does decode DTS, Dolby. Here’s a snippet from the product sheet I received by email. RENDER DOLBY Atmos® DTS-X® DECODE DOLBY® - Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Surround (from Atmos) DTS® – DTS, ES, HD Master Audio, HD High Resolution Audio...
  11. Ozymandias

Thanks for this @Zooqu1ko . I wasn't aware of this product. I'll do some research to see if it's a fit for my needs.
  12. Ozymandias

Thanks for the detailed response @Neddy ! I've been trying to find a way to get my Oppo blu-ray player's multichannel digital output to my Okto DAC8 for movies but the solutions I've seen mentioned that wouldn't degrade the audio are no longer available (Arvus box or hardware mods that expose...
  13. Ozymandias

Hi @Neddy . Did you have any lip sync issues with this setup when watching dvd/blu-ray discs on your Oppo?
  14. Ozymandias

I have had a similar experience with Pavel. Like others I had to wait 3-4 months to receive my unit. However, whenever I've reached out to him with questions he's responded quickly to my emails. I recently encountered an issue and he sent me the latest firmware and the make shift installer for...
  15. Ozymandias

Still waiting on that. There’s been no update from Pavel as far as I’m aware
  16. Ozymandias

My DAC8 Pro is on firmware version 1.31. I’m on a Mac. I use JRiver to stream to the DAC8. Unfortunately on the Mac DoP is the only option the DAC8 supports for bitstreaming DSD, at least with the 1.31 firmware.
  17. Ozymandias

I just heard back from Pavel via email: Good news!
  18. Ozymandias

I believe that's the only option on Mac OS. Windows users have more choices. Please let me know if there's a better choice available to me, Thanks!
  19. Ozymandias

I received my unit (order #86) a few months back in early March. However I only got around to setting it up this past weekend (crazy, I know! but work and life have been getting in the way). My setup: JRiver MC25 streaming to the DAC8 Pro from my MacBook via USB. My DAC8 Pro is connected to 2...
  20. Ozymandias

Did any DAC8 owner hear back from Pavel about firmware upgrades? I'd like to upgrade mine (version 1.31).
Top Bottom