Search results

1. B

NAD C 328 measurements from Stereophile - question

I was reading through these measurements of this unit on Stereophile (from 2018) here: Stereophile C 328 measurements I don't really understand this "The C 328's S/PDIF inputs preserved absolute polarity and locked to datastreams with all sample rates up to 192kHz. A 1kHz digital signal at...
  2. B

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

I'm still using mine. It sounds fantastic and is very powerful, but also works well with efficient headphones. My favourite feature is the perfect channel balance and the smooth/large volume control.
  3. B

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I've never heard of this CD de-emphasis circuit. Interesting. Is it something to worry about in other dac/amps? I'm guessing this is only an issue if you are using a cd player as a transport through spdif into the DX3?
  4. B

At more than double the cost with nothing extra I need - other than the most basic 1/4" jack. Even the DX1 has a 1/4" jack. I bet the next DX3 will see a proper headphone jack.
  5. B

This unit really needed a 1/4" headphone out. It's what has stopped me from ever considering it.
  6. B

Review and Measurements of Monoprice Liquid Spark Headphone Amp

The gain is actually quite high. You'll notice in the measurements that there isn't much power difference between low (3db) and high (6db) gain. I feel like the amp maybe should have been 0db gain for the low gain to give some more volume pot range with sensitive headphones.
  7. B

I'm pretty sure someone did, it's in one of the replies in the thread and it did indeed remove the hum. It's not really an issue though because it's far from audible.
  8. B

I know your question is from 2021, but the amp is a fully discrete design by Alex Cavalli. The Liquid Spark can be bought for even lower prices these days, it's still a great amp with a nice volume knob and good build quality. From the website:
  9. B

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I would definitely take my mini lores of those Audio Notes any day too. Eric said in the new interview with stereophile (Stereophile - Eric Alexander interview) that "A majority of the work is completed through computer simulation; then we do a final voicing through careful listening."
  10. B

As you know, listening to speakers in stereo in a regular room is a lot more forgiving than one speaker. So pair this with an efficient design with the ability to play loud with pretty low distortion and a frequency response that honestly isn't too shabby - now you've got a speaker that will...
  11. B

The on axis response of the Tekton Impact Monitor (as measured by Stereophile) is quite impressive, so Eric is definitely capable, and from such a unique design. Now in trying to keep my post on topic, I'm glad to know that your ear should be more in line with the woofer than the tweeter with...
  12. B

I've had a pair of these Mini Lore's for a couple of years. They really do seem efficient to me, very loud easily (I don't tend to listen very loud often though). I pretty much figured the response would look something like Amir's measurement, at least something is not majorly broken here. I...
  13. B

Schiit Vali 2+ Review (Tube Headphone Amp)

I'm curious as to how Amir hears these more limited dynamics in the Vali. I know he is a trained listener but I just can't hear any difference. That's true, I don't like to listen at very loud volumes because I want to protect my hearing.
  14. B

Schiit Vali 2+ Review (Tube Headphone Amp)

I have a Vali 2 (non+) and I find it very powerful, I never need to use high gain for any of my headphones when feeding it a 2V source. I don't hear any distortion. To me it sounds basically identical to my solid state amps in every department. I don't hear any noise floor or anything.
  15. B

Anyone got an SVS SUB with a stiff grille ?

I also have an SVS SB-1000. Yes, the grill is very tight. I had to push it pretty good to get it on. But now that's it on I just leave it. Really awesome and compact sub, had it for about a year now. This sub still surprises me with its performance. I recommend investing in the SVS SoundPath...
  16. B

High pass filter for mains... or not?

I always run the speakers full range. I find it easier to integrate the subwoofer that way. That's pretty much the way "audiophiles" have been doing it since the beginning. Only high-pass for home theater imo.
  17. B

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

The coaxial jitter measurement doesn't look very good. I see Amir says "likely inaudible with real music". @amirm At what point is jitter audible? I primarily use coaxial. I've noticed that these SMSL Sanskrit's haven't used a very good spdif input chip, or at least not the standard ones often...
  18. B

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Currently: Sennheiser HD 6XX Sennheiser HD 599SE Philips SHP9500s Koss KSC75x IEM: Tin T2 Most used is probably my KSC75x. I just really like the comfort (feels like I'm not wearing anything) and use them for youtube, streams, games etc.
  19. B

Review and Measurements of SMSL Sanskrit 10th DAC

That would be fine. The SMSL won't draw more than 1amp from it so no worries. Most important is 5V and at least 1 Amp, so you are good to go.
Top Bottom