Search results

1. A

Apo EQ--is it possible to have different EQ config files for different outputs?

It's okay, I managed to do what I needed through the automation window on Peace GUI. Problem was it was incredibly well hidden so it took me awhile to find. You have to click the little man to open it and then you can assign configs to be always on or when devices change and such.
  2. A

Apo EQ--is it possible to have different EQ config files for different outputs?

What program are you using for this? I can't find where this is in Peace at all.
  3. A

AutoEQ Magic?

You can actually go to the website and play around with it yourself pretty easily. The website is autoeq.app and once you're there you can type in the same headphones I'm trying to eq and mess around the dial to see how it effects the "Equalized" curve.
  4. A

AutoEQ Magic?

Sure, here's what I'm seeing on the website: When I decrease the max gain the sound gets awfully close to the original raw curve except for the base equalization. Like the peak at 4.5k becomes practically identical but with lower peak at 10k.
  5. A

AutoEQ Magic?

In that case should I decrease the max gain on the autoeq app? When I do so it sounds better but the curve in the 5k area changes quite a bit from the target and looks more like the measured values.
  6. A

AutoEQ Magic?

I'm currently trying to use this app to eq my SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro Wireless for Xbox and I'm getting some strange results while switching between eq and non eq on the website. When I turn on the eq the music all of a sudden sounds distant and flat compared to how it sound without the eq...
  7. A

JBL Studio 530 Speaker Review

How do y'all think these compare to the Infinity R162s?
  8. A

So, what are recommendable amps below 200$?

Alright, so I've had the DA-8 for a few days now. For my purposes it has been absolutely perfect. It runs much cooler than the Klipsch PowerGate at ~20F lower. I measured its highest ambient temperature at 105F on the bottom of the device after being on for 3-4 hours and periodically touch it to...
  9. A

$500 amplifiers to test and review?

Picked up a DA-8 for a little under $250 and I've been very happy with it compared to the Klipsch PowerGate. It's not nearly as powerful, but I'm not trying to get above 90 dB in any situation so this thing provides plenty of power for me.
  10. A

I decided the various downsides to the Power Gate were enough to go with something else. These downsides largely come down to it's annoying network functionality that won't let it deep sleep, the auto shut off, and the heat production of the power supply just being far to uncomfortable for a...
  11. A

At that price the A6 isn't worthwhile in my opinion, especially since I saw the A8 at $499 very recently. I looked up that SPL calculator and 50W was straight up overkill for the speakers, even at 20W dB was above 110 and I would never listen to it anywhere near there. If the PowerGate doesn't...
  12. A

The A8 is tempting but a bit high out of what I'd like to spend budget wise and doesn't have any review by Amir yet. Not sure about the A6 considering it's older and likely needs to be purchased used 3rd party via eBay, but if I could grab it for a reasonable price I might consider it. I just...
  13. A

Of course! The only reason I'd consider something like this is that I'm planning to get a DAC/AMP combo for headphones like the DX3Pro on top of the amp unit. I don't need the best of the best, but I'd like to get the best I can within a reasonable budget and besides the MX3 or AD18, Topping and...
  14. A

I'm only powering some Infinity R162s (20W - 150W is recommended) on my desktop computer and I don't really need them to be loud or they'll make my roommates angry so I think 50W should be fine, I just want it to be as clean and small as possible without being ridiculously expensive. I could...
  15. A

I've been hunting around for a decent small/class D amp and recently came across some fairly inexpensive ICEpower based 125W - 2 channel amps that should have some very good measurements based on the data sheet from ICEpower here. It appears you can pick one of these up delivered to the US from...
  16. A

Review and Measurements of Topping MX3 DAC & Amp

I've looked around myself right now there just isn't anything else doing the same things the AD18 and Topping MX3 are for their size and price point. Just gotta wait and see what's on the horizon and be happy with one or the other for the time being I think.
  17. A

Desktop DAC+Amp Recommendation

Hello! I posted in the DAC subforum but I get the feeling it wasn't the right place given that's been ignored, plus there's still a lot of information I'm learning so I figured it was worth trying here instead. Anyways, I've been reading through some things on this forum recently after I...
  18. A

Desktop DAC+Amp Recommendation

Hello! I've been reading through some things on this forum recently after I started looking for a DAC+Amp combo unit to handle my desktop speaker setup (2.1) and maybe a future headphone purchase done the road. My initial research pointed me in the direction of the SMSL AD18 as it had all the...
Top Bottom