Search results

1. G

Wharfedale EVO 4.1 Review (Speaker)

Hello, I found a partial disassembly video of the EVO4.2 Maybe somebody could shed a light and opinion on the used components? They use plastic baskets for the woofer, which isn't necessarily a bad thing I guess.
  2. G

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

oh boy... V1 doesn't even have headphone protection, has a LOT of reliability-issues and when that happens it could very well fry your headphone, just read the topic. Sure, you can get good specs with zero protection in place, but do you want to take that risk of frying your expensive headphones...
  3. G

True, even a simple "0000" would've been better than this. I got the DX3v2 and had my neighbour streaming some music on my device. :D I didn't even know the signal could go so far, 8-9 meter and 2 external brick walls.
  4. G

You can turn bluetooth off in the v2 version, just check the manual ;) I had this once, my v2 turned on and started playing music, not my music... turned out my neighbors made connection with it. (5m and 2 external walls) But now I turned bluetooth off, everything seems normal again. :)
  5. G

Big chance there will be dx3pro bargains on 11/11 too. (Singles day in china)
  6. G

On page 203 user "jion" made a comparison of the components.
  7. G

v1.5 has some things from v1 and some things from v2. (hard to say without opening) I doubt there are made many and I suppose they just wanted to test if people still had the same issues as with V1. They also tested out various new remotes. A V2 has 2 stickers "Hi-Res Audio" and "Hi-Res Audio...
  8. G

Are you sure you got a v2? Doest it have 2 stickers on the top? I got a V2 and have the old remote. I do know, Topping made some special ones with slightly other components, but to my knowledge they were only send to people as replacement for their broken V1 , so it's actually a v1.5 (some of...
  9. G

I wanted to say the HD558 needed more, I already typed it, but after testing them both, one after the other, it didn't made a lot of difference. Maybe because the one is closed and the other one is open?
  10. G

You're worrying about soundquality but you can/will only use bluetooth input? Yes the new V2 has higher bluetooth bitrates but it will be hard to maintain a stable bluetooth connection at the highest bitrate, usb input will still be a lot better.
  11. G

(I developed hearing damage over the years, so I don't tolerate loud music anymore.) I tried -20dB, I could not stand it longer than 8seconds, but 0dB is even much louder. Maybe other people could share their experience too?
  12. G

I got the V2 and never put it on high gain mode. My HD 25 (closed) goes plenty loud around -40dB. My HD 558 (open) actually the same -40dB The DX3 pro uses the -Db scale as volume which is not the same as 0-100, so from -5db to 0 it's a MUCH louder difference in hearing than going from -100 to...
  13. G

Yep. If you got the same problem with regular headphones your unit must be bad.
  14. G

I generally put it around 45 to 35, -30 is already loud. everything higher than -30dB will cause hearing damage in the long run. (HD25)
  15. G

you installed the topping driver and WASAPI? You tried using Foobar2000? Here's a tutorial to setup I found. Is it the heaphone output, the DAC output or both?
  16. G

Orders from seller "fanmusic" on Amazon come from "Shenzhen Audio Store", mine was shipped from China and was a v2. But when I check amazon.it I see there are 2 different sellers, both "Shenzhen Audio Store", but one is also "sent by Amazon", if you picked that one it's probably an older stock...
  17. G

are you sure you used a good battery and placed it in correctly? (see manual)
  18. G

In general, no, they are still sold as the old but you get a V2 version. You could try and ask some smaller shops to check first.
  19. G

There is a function to put the DAC-mode directly at 0dB output like the old version, it's a hidden menu option (check the manual, I haven't tried it yet) My V2 doesn't heat up at all but that's probable because it won't go above -30dB (as I don't have a volumeknob on my amp.) But of course in...
  20. G

actually nobody opened his V2 yet to confirm which chips are implemented. I only see in the manual it's <10ohm. Unfortunately I don't have a hex key that's that long to open it..
Top Bottom