Search results

1. C

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

My main system is a pair of LS50's and a HSU 15" sealed sub. I just got a miniDSP Flex HT and I love it! Dirac Live is incredible and it's good to be able to downmix surround to 2.1 myself to get the LFE track. I do use this for music but mostly movies. Outside of that, I have a custom car...
  2. C

Cambridge CXA81 as a headphone DAC/AMP vs headphone specific Topping.

I have a CXA61 and use its headphone out with my sennheiser HD6XX with no trouble. The problem with the headphone out on the cambridge 61 and 81 is an output impedance of 30 ohms. This is fine with 300 ohm sennheisers but that's about it. For all other headphones, the suggestion of connecting a...
  3. C

FS: Dan Clark Ether Flow 1.1 ASR Review Unit

I am the owner of the Ether Flow 1.1 reviewed by ASR recently. While they've been with Amir I've realized that my HD6XX, Moondrop S8 and living room stereo have been keeping me plenty happy. There is no need for me to own more than that & I feel fine letting the Ether Flow go. I'm asking $650...
  4. C

Dan Clark Audio Ether Flow 1.1 Headphone Review

The headphones have angled pads, however those are the pads they came with. While I did buy them used I have no reason to believe that they were not sold to me with the stock pads. The only thing not stock on the headphone is the cable; I swapped it for a Hart Audio cable. This is a late model...
  5. C

Dan Clark Audio Ether Flow 1.1 Headphone Review

Hello ASR community! There are my headphones. Thank you Amir for the wonderful job measuring them. When I sent them to Amir I guessed that they'd get a "meh" panther with no EQ and a golfing panther with EQ, as EQ does transform them from a wonky sounding headphone to a great one. I see a lot...
  6. C

Moondrop Blessing 3 Review

Moondrop S8 review coming soon?
  7. C

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro Amplifier Review

It's an analog output, usually RCA or 3.5mm, with power output matching the volume knob on the device. This is best for hooking up to a subwoofer if the sub has its own crossover. A 'line-out' is the same but its output is always at full power, independent of the volume knob. This is best for...
  8. C

Yeah I own a C200. My Cambridge CXA61 has one too, although theirs is a simple "high" or "low". @Joey It's jitter-reducing tech on ESS chips. If it's set high the DAC will have trouble locking onto signals from high-jitter sources, resulting in audio drop-outs. Many TVs quality as a high-jitter...
  9. C

@Fosi Audio I'm glad to see that you're responding to our suggestions. If I may offer two suggestions for power amps and one for DACs: Power Amps: Please offer a High Pass Filter for the main speakers and a sub-out (pre-out that adjusts with the volume knob works too, but line-out that is...
  10. C

FS: Dan Clark Audio Ether Flow 1.1

This listing is closed again
  11. C

Price dropped to $600, a phenomenal price for a headphone that used to cost $1700 new!
  12. C

Looking for cheap wireless IEMs.

I recommend the Moondrop Nekocake
  13. C

I've decided to try selling these once more.
  14. C

SOLD!!!: Moondrop Aria Snow Edition IEMs

For sale is a like-new Aria SE. Price is $50 shipped. The only flaw is that the finish is slightly chipped right at the tip of the nozzle on one side. I got them like this. It's very minor and I'll attach a picture. The Spring Tips are practically new, the large and medium ones have about an...
  15. C

These are no longer for sale
  16. C

Is there a cheap, good, and fast way to measure headhpones for parametric equalization?

AutoEQ in Peace or ToneBoosters MorphIt is a good place to start. To tune my Ether Flow I used the InnerFidelity AutoEQ profile in Peace as a starting point, then smoothed the EQ profile a bit and listened to sweeps with a tone generator. I listen for peaks and dips with the tone generator and...
  17. C

Potential buyer backed out, these are still for sale.
Top Bottom