Search results

1. nemesisrobot

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Is there any official word on the pad replacement story? Is it the same as the other DCA headphones?
  2. nemesisrobot

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Wellllllll now I’m going to have to reconsider my plans to buy the Ether C Flow….
  3. nemesisrobot

Did you get vaccinated for Covid-19?

I'm not eligible yet, but I will as soon as I am!
  4. nemesisrobot

The most comfortable headphones: a) Open b) Closed

HD800 are the most comfy open backs I've used. Sony ZR1 would get my vote for closed back.
  5. nemesisrobot

Review and Measurements of Violectric HPA V281 HP Amp

Thanks @amirm for reviewing this unit. I'm really happy this unit measures pretty well as I'd hoped! My only real issue with it was the loose volume knob as mentioned, but that can hopefully be fixed with a bit of Loctite.
  6. nemesisrobot

Benchmark HPA4 based on THX AAA Amplifier

BTW the whole purpose of the DAC3B is to pair them with the HPA4/LA4. I’m not sure what purpose a stripped down HPA4 would have in their current lineup.
  7. nemesisrobot

Benchmark HPA4 based on THX AAA Amplifier

If you don’t need the other features of the HPA4 then you can consider the soon to be released SMSL SP200 which is the most affordable THX amp afaik at $290, and measures superbly as well...
  8. nemesisrobot

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

Wooooow. $290 for this is absolute bonkers! And shipping sooner than the next batch of 789 or 887. Crazy!
  9. nemesisrobot

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

It’s a shame you can’t stream this anywhere or buy Salival except on eBay for >$100.
  10. nemesisrobot

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

Who will be kind enough to drop ship it to @amirm?
  11. nemesisrobot

Why does it matter that it’s not class A?
  12. nemesisrobot

Yes, it has single-ended 6.5mm and 3.5mm out as well.
  13. nemesisrobot

I wonder if Monoprice will release a balanced DAC to complement 887...
  14. nemesisrobot

Incredible! Nice job Monoprice! The way I see it, there's no reason anyone should get the Massdrop over this, especially if Monoprice can keep to the 10/27 release date (I recall the 788 being delayed), as I believe any orders placed now for the Massdrop 789 unit won't ship until November.
  15. nemesisrobot

Review and Measurements of Benchmark HPA4 Headphone Amp/Pre

I own the HPA4 and see the same thing. As @Sal1950 said, it’s probably just the hardware clearing the screen buffer before displaying the Benchmark logo.
  16. nemesisrobot

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Not replacing anything. It will be used for my RAAL SR1a :D
  17. nemesisrobot

Looking for DAC options for new setup

If this is just temporary, you could also consider using Benchmark's RCA to XLR cables with a less expensive single ended DAC https://benchmarkmedia.com/collections/cables/products/benchmark-rca-to-xlrm-adapter-cable
Top Bottom