Search results

1. M

Misbehaving Purify ET400-based Class D Amp (Request for help)

Thanks @Sokel, I have tried with the included buffer and it behaves exactly the same. The second problem is that I do not really know what is sending in the output during those two seconds or what could be the consequences (if any) for the speakers.
  2. M

Misbehaving Purify ET400-based Class D Amp (Request for help)

Hi all, I bought the exact same class D amp based on Purify ET400 modules reviewed by @WolfX-700 here (https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/min400a/). Problem: With certain specific tracks like the one below, the amp goes into protection mode and fails to output any sound for 1-2 seconds irrespectively...
  3. M

SMSL A300 Stereo Amplifier Review

Hi! I did many tests. You are right about finding the “sweet spot” if you can control the input voltage. To summarize. I got the highest SINAD at 1khz and the best overall performance in THD+N sweeps, tested at 5W,10W,25W,35W at 4ohm when the input signal was 1.2VRms. (1Khz sine) If the input...
  4. M

SMSL A300 Stereo Amplifier Review

I had two units at home. One (the first one) was noisy no matter the volume or brightness. This second one is much better (SINAD = 87.6dB) Yes, I know it is 5.5W instead of 5W like Amir but it was exactly the same (I didn't click the screenshot because I was testing another thing, you will...
  5. M

Being an objectivist this feeling is eating my brain... [Headphone amps]

I already said that I am keeping both, no matter what. I was just sharing my thoughts. But, let me insist once more: I am not claiming in any way the technical superiority or accuracy. The Topping A90 is an objectively better machine, that works flawlessly, and, by the way, doesn't heat up your...
  6. M

You sound actually quite right to me... Another note for the holidays! This is actually an interesting point. Are you @pozz sure that -50db when music is on is beyond audibility? Thank you everyone for contributing with so many thoughts and funny comments!
  7. M

Yes of course. But after matching the volume I can't detect any difference between XLR and RCA.
  8. M

No, no. It is a super well-engineered product. Maybe after some time another pair of “final game” headphones gives me the opposite feeling. Will keep both. Just wanted to share my internal fight with the community.
  9. M

Haha, this has been the case for some time but not anymore. I use the topping only for IEMs now a days. Thanks for explaining a similar case. Human Psycology Plays a big role… that is something we tend to forget when looking at the numbers. I believe both of them use an analogue pot in this...
  10. M

As a matter of fact I tried to measure it with my oscilloscope (not good) over the last months... nothing relevant. Which is not surprising because we are talking about a 10-12 bit ADC. Really curious if anyone else has experienced the feeling of wanting to like a superiorly-engineered product...
  11. M

Lets assume you are right, the question is, how can anyone measure the type of distortion / coloration that one likes without selling the house to buy an APx555? Nonetheless, the main topic here for me was that i want to like the pristine-perfect sound of the A90, but my brain refuses... And...
  12. M

You are right, it was done playing a 1 Khz tone and a quick FFT using a microphone, then adjusting the pot manually until getting the value. Even if the microphone or adc are not the best, it should be matched enough in my opinion.
  13. M

Hi all, I wanted to share something with you all after months of reflecting about it without reaching any reasonable conclusion or output... Maybe getting older but nothing else xD I have been an "Audiophile" and an engineer for quite some years now, I have had different equipment, from very...
Top Bottom