Search results

1. Sgt. Ear Ache

"Professor of Rock"????

I keep getting this guy's vids in my feed. Anyone else familiar with him? Anyone else find him as lame and annoying as I do?? lol. Seriously...I can't get through more than about 15 seconds of any of his vids I've tried to watch. Apparently, every schlocky 70s and 80s top 40 hit is one of...
  2. Sgt. Ear Ache

"Reaction" Videos (Youtube)

I don't have cable anymore. I've got subs to a couple streaming services - Netflix, Prime etc but during this pandemic I've done a fair bit of trolling around Youtube and falling down rabbit holes. Early on, I watched a couple of these reaction vids that showed up in my feed. I was at once...
  3. Sgt. Ear Ache

Question for Vintage Amp experts...

I have a Pioneer SA-7700. It's in nice condition and seems to work fine but the other day I noticed that if I pause the music and get close to the speaker I can hear a constant soft sound like if you whispered "puh puh puh puh". It's very low level and certainly not audible with music playing...
  4. Sgt. Ear Ache

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

Hello friend. Hey, listen...we know how it is. Believe me, most of us have been there too. You've spent years toiling in the muck of audiophilia. You read ALL the reviews. You watched ALL the youtube videos. You visited ALL the other forums where everything always makes a difference. You...
  5. Sgt. Ear Ache

It's just more " there..."

I don't know. I'm finding it more and more difficult to write Ol' Steve off as a harmless quack. Here he reviews an $8000 dac...$8000!!! Apparently, it's fantastic! Compared to another dac he has on hand which is "much cheaper" at only $4000, the more expensive unit is just more "there" than...
  6. Sgt. Ear Ache

The $700 Amp/Speakers Challenge

OK, you have 700 US dollars in your pocket - not a penny more! :) You need an amp, and a set of speakers for a small/medium-sized room. Your goal is to put together the absolute best, most highly-focused and straight-forward "bang for the buck" 2.0 system possible. No subs. No powered...
Top Bottom