Search results

1. Jorj

E1DA 9038D Review (portable DAC & Amp)

@IVX I recently updated from my trusty Samsung S10+ to a S24 Ultra. When plugging in the 9038D, the light comes on steady and eventually it will output random passages of the music that is playing at full volume...ear-bleedingly loud, then a bit of full volume static, then nothing, repeat. If I...
  2. Jorj

I'm interested to hear @Archimago's impressions. This is a seriously impressive little DAC, in my opinion. It easily outperforms the onboard DAC on my phone, and I feel very comfortable that, when I'm forced to buy a phone that has no 3.5mm jack (thanks for starting that BS, Apple), I'll be in...
  3. Jorj

I have a lot of cellular noise from my Mojo (original) also. Fortunately, my use case is not streaming, typically, so it's not an actual problem. I still buy CD and rip the tracks (or buy FLAC direct) and keep them on my phone, since I often am out in the sticks with no reliable cell service...
  4. Jorj

Fantastic! Thank you for the update, Ivan.
  5. Jorj

I had an email exchange with Susan at Linsoul, and she tells me the E1DA 9038D is discontinued. I had reached out to be notified when it was back in stock, and this does not seem like happy news. @IVX , is this correct? Last we heard you were about to order production of 1,000 units, and now I...
  6. Jorj

SounDigital SD300.2D Review (Car Amplifier)

It's important to remember that many custom car audio systems are running down into the 1 and even 1/2 ohm resistance. 2 ohms is considered average, and it's been a long while since I found one that was actually operating at 4 ohms. Most amps in the car world are tested and rated by their...
  7. Jorj

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Souther Blume is a great album, stays in heavy rotation. You can find it on Amazon Music. I particularly like Trouble and Down.
  8. Jorj

DAC + AMP Suggestions - RF Remote

I'm not thrilled with any of the current headphone DAC\amp offerings with regards to the remote. Most ship with very weak IR remote that has to be quite close and has limited 'off-axis' usability. Has anyone stumbled upon some kit with built-in support for non-line-of-sight remote control...
  9. Jorj

Review and Measurements of Topping DX7s DAC and Headphone Amp

Line out disables the volume control and sets the output level either to maximum or some large percentage of maximum, which is perfect for most external amplifiers.
  10. Jorj

Review and Measurements of Chord Mojo DAC and Amp

I still use mine, but I would not buy it now. Not sure what I would buy, but there are much better options. Mine still gets decent battery life (6-8 hours), but the EMI issue is really a pain.
  11. Jorj

Was this aimed at ASR?

Transducers are hard. So many configurations of drivers, crossovers, cabinets, you name it. At the end of the day, they are trying to reproduce sounds faithfully, and we have good reason to say that measurements objectively describe a speakers' ability to do so. Given the ability of a room to...
  12. Jorj

Was this aimed at ASR?

It seems an apples-to-apples comparison with hard numbers simply astonishes and frightens subjectivists. Yet another page of drivel from Stereophile and Jim Austin, which begins by firmly establishing the laurels and accolades of Floyd Toole, and proceeds to leverage that legacy of excellent...
  13. Jorj

Amazon Echo Link

Out of curiosity, it seems like I'm the only person on the thread actually using the Echo Link, so I wondered if any other users could sound off here.
  14. Jorj

Amazon Echo Link

The Echo Link definitely costs more than it should, and the Amazon Music App is is simply hot garbage, but it's working for us. I complain to them all the time, wish I could get them to hire someone that actually cared about the user experience. The Windows app will not control the Echo Link...
  15. Jorj

Are blu-ray players still worth buying?

I say buy the player, all day long. It comes down to what you think your time is worth. Figuring out the format, DRM circumvention, storage, encoding, playback and all that is just not worth it to me. For the few titles that I care to keep on hand for repeated viewing, I just picked up a...
  16. Jorj

Review and Measurements of Monoprice Portable Amp and DAC with THX

Welcome! As a new member, I'll go easy. The point of this site is to provide a welcome dose of objective data to an industry that has been overrun by subjective nonsense. Keep that in mind, and remember we're all human, with preferences, biases. We are all learning. I bought one of these and...
  17. Jorj

Amazon Echo Link

I just popped one of these into our system, and so far, so good. It's very limited with regards to settings, but it seems to be fulfilling our requirements. Right now I'm using it to feed my DX7s via the Coax Out port, as I'm aware that the internal DAC is junk. The digital volume control works...
  18. Jorj

Amazon launches lossless high-res music service!

Yes, I know all the tricks, the desktop app is just garbage and you cannot avoid the mixer. It uses Windows audio, and I've not been able to improve the situation, was hoping a few others could sound off with their Windows + Amazon Music experience.
  19. Jorj

Y'all must not be from around these here parts....ain't you heered of that-there Nyquist fella? Always yammerin' on about bit-depth and samplin' rate bein' good 'nuff at Redbook, higher'n that bein' totally inaudible, or some such. Seriously, saying a that 24 bit track sounds better than 16 is...
  20. Jorj

Well, I ain't changing to Mac.... :) By just fine, do you mean you've played some of your test tracks on bit-perfect mode via both Amazon Music HD and from local storage? The difference between them in my testing is not subtle.
Top Bottom