Search results

1. S

Headphone Amp for DT 1990 Pro

If you actually tried the Zen dac with the DT1990 you would know that it’s not more that enough to drive them. The Zen was measured here and had like 30mw into 300 ohms. It does a decent job but has no headroom. Good luck getting any usable volume out of it using EQ.
  2. S

Headphone Amp for DT 1990 Pro

Try to find a used Asgard 3. Asgard and zen dac would be a nice pairing. Hifishark is a great place to find used gear. I’ve also heard that Lake people G111 or G103-s is a nice pairing with the DT 1990. Easier to find them in Europe than the Asgard.
  3. S

Toping DX3Pro+ (vs) Ifi Zen DAC V2

I liked everything about it except the power output from the single ended jack. I had little to no headroom with my DT 1990. Still I would pick it over the Topping every time. The Asgard and Modius combo gives me loads more power and I really like how the stack looks. But it’s much more...
  4. S

I went with Asgard 3 and Modius.
  5. S

I have the dt 1990 and had the Zen Dac V2 for a while. It sounded good and had decent power at 1-2 o’clock. Bass boost was nice! Build quality was fantastic and the volume knob was buttery smooth. The complete opposite of the dx3s knob. Previously had the Topping dx3 pro and wasn’t really a...
Top Bottom