Search results

1. Grattle

JDS Labs Atom DAC+ Review

I have no objective evidence. I only know what my ears say. Highs sound cleaner in particular to me. Edit: this may provide some information regarding potentiometer quality. https://partnership.bourns.com/bu/bu_basic_pots.shtml
  2. Grattle

I’m done with rk09 based products in general. RK27 is used whenever there is room for a reason. It just sounds better. It’s the 2nd most important component in any headphone system.
  3. Grattle

I’d buy one just to support a great company if it had SPDIF. I use a pi streaming device and lack of coax SPDIF is unfortunately a deal breaker for me.
  4. Grattle

Schiit Modi Multibit - No Love?

Nobody moderate these forums? Waaaay off topic.
  5. Grattle

Schiit Modi Multibit - No Love?

Music is art. Art by its very nature is subjective. Try measuring the value of a painting objectively. We are not robots. If a piece of hardware reproduces the waveform beyond your ears ability to discern any differences than another piece of hardware, then they are effectively equivalent to...
  6. Grattle

Schiit's Jason Stoddard on blind testing

I disagree. They aren't stupid though, and are making products for those who do prefer the numbers. I don't care if you buy something based on it's measurements. If having great measuring gear makes you happy, then great. Everyone wins. I prefer to judge with my ears, it's way more fun for...
  7. Grattle

I'm not being nasty. I don't understand the Schiit hate here. Especially when people are just looking at the graphs. I don't agree with the group think that happens here. I know that the Schiit Heresy measures better than the Magni 3+. I prefer the sound from the Magni 3+. I prefer the...
  8. Grattle

Please show me the audible distortion.
  9. Grattle

You say it's no better than motherboard audio. You haven't heard one. You say it measures terribly. How does it sound to your ears and your brain? That's what matters. Most of the things that are slammed here for "bad measurements" have no audible issues. Any measurements issues beyond...
  10. Grattle

Have you listened to one? I have not, therefore anything I say about it is meaningless. You make the inference....
  11. Grattle

Review and Measurements of Schiit Valhalla 2 Headphone Amp

Where are your tender hearts when people are bashing Schiit and Schiit owners? The hypocrisy of this site is boundless. How about you reign in the person who has never heard this amp, but thinks all it's buyers are fools? You debate endlessly about measurements even when it's all inaudible...
  12. Grattle

Amrim’s cultists are our in full force with their pitchforks and torches. This forum has a strange mix of: Some intelligent people Paranoids Parrots Outright morons Guys living in moms basement So much angst and closed mindedness here. I think I will close my account. You people are strange.
  13. Grattle

Some people are just never happy. Here the man is saying that his cheaper amps are all you need and that is somehow a bad thing? What is it that you want from him? Schiit sells an amp that measures better than the Drop THX, and for 1/3 of the price, and that's not good enough. Geez, some...
  14. Grattle

It's well liked by many non-reviewers too. I've never heard one, so I'm not qualified to say much about the thing.
  15. Grattle

I agree that blind listening is necessary, no doubt.
  16. Grattle

Can be said of many expensive DACS. By some standards (not mine), the Yaggi isn't expensive. I don't trust very many any paid reviewers at all. I don't trust pure measurements either, but rather the measurements combined with the discussion triggered by the measurements. I agree with those...
  17. Grattle

Your specific memory may act that way, but with time, your may find that you would rather listen to Amp A for longer than Amp B with the same music. Maybe the cumulative cognition of differences is a stronger indicator than a smaller window of time. I'm sitting here now listening to a...
  18. Grattle

He seems very open minded and sincere. I especially like the Moffat Corollary.
Top Bottom