Search results

1. Catalo

How to set up high pass filter via pc

If you're still interested in experimenting with your built-in soundcard, here's a Reddit guide I've followed successfully with Equalizer APO and onboard soundcards (or interfaces like the RME UCX II that I have currently.) If you set Windows sound to 5.1 mode, it activates all 6 output channels...
  2. Catalo

JBL EON610/710 Hiss

Following up on my previous post, when I listen for hiss, I have no source connected and turn the gain knob on the speaker all the way down (basically just have the speaker powered on.) The JBL PA speakers are definitely fun, and the hiss isn't so bad when the music is cranked :)
  3. Catalo

JBL EON610/710 Hiss

I’ve tested quite a few active monitors/PA speakers in my living room at 2-3m listening distance, and I wasn’t able to tolerate the hiss of any of the “PA” speakers. Here’s my subjective “hiss list” ranking. Almost 0 hiss: Neumann KH310 KRK RP5 gen4 Negligible hiss: Genelec 8330 JBL 708P Kef...
  4. Catalo

SOLD!!!: Genelec 8330 Pair (USA): SOLD!!!

Selling my pair of Genelec 8330 studio monitors with GLM kit for $1700. Local pickup preferred in the Atlanta area, but I will consider shipping. I recently picked up a pair of Neumann KH310, so I'm letting go of the Genelecs. One speaker is in mint condition and includes the original box, and...
  5. Catalo

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

The dome is not overly fragile but I wouldn’t poke it harder than I’d poke my eyeballs with my eyelids closed (if that makes sense.) I recently purchased a second hand pair without original boxes and had similar concerns. The previous owner shipped them each in bubble wrap and foam double...
  6. Catalo

Dante AVIO Review (streaming audio interfaces)

@pseudoid I have an Audinate AES/EBU adapter that I use to connect to my Genelec 8330's, and I'm exploring options for "whole home audio" using Dante as well. The main issue I'm bumping into is volume control on a room-by-room basis (ideally using a phone app à la Sonos.) How are you...
  7. Catalo

JBL SRX835P Reviewed (Powered Monitor)

I do think there's a value proposition in these PA speakers (especially the EON610 or EON615 because the JBL measurements look pretty darn good) if someone is not as sensitive to hiss or if they're used at a longer 3-5m distance because of the larger SPL potential vs traditional bookshelf...
  8. Catalo

I honestly expected more from the EON series too. I tried the smaller EON610 as well as the JBL IRX108BT and couldn't handle the hiss from either at 2-3m indoors, so I resold them to some folks who used them in their more typical usecase (outdoor PA and small church sound system.) The few times...
  9. Catalo

I briefly owned these speakers as “floorstanders” in a 4x5m room. The “chest thump” and in-room bass extension to the mid 30hz range was great, but two things killed the experience for me. The hiss is unbearable at 2-3m listening distance (a bit louder than the JBL 305p), and the amp has a...
  10. Catalo

FS: JBL708P pair in excellent condition.

Yes, these are sold. Great monitors.
  11. Catalo

[SOLD] JBL 305P mk II (Pair)

SOLD my pair of sexy white JBL 305P mk II in excellent condition.
  12. Catalo

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Sweetwater is running a great sale on RME equipment. New ADI-2 DAC FS down to $920. Edit: Same deal on Amazon too.
  13. Catalo

AES/EBU to S/PDIF converters

I’ve been using the Hosa CDL-313 to feed an all-digital chain to the AES input into my JBL 708P speakers for a few months and never noticed any unexpected behavior. PC -> Nuforce UDAC2 doing usb to coax conversion -> Hosa doing coax to AES -> right speaker -> AES through to left speaker. The...
  14. Catalo

I initially priced these a bit too high. Asking $2,000 shipped, or $1,900 local.
  15. Catalo

Hello! I'm selling my JBL708P pair. I've recently gotten married and moved and haven't been spending as much time doing "dedicated" music listening as I'd like to. Selling for $2,400 shipped to the continental US (I'll cover shipping and PayPal fees), or $2,300 local cash (willing to meet in the...
  16. Catalo

HDMI ARC + Network Music Streamer for Active Speakers?

Following this thread, as I also prefer active monitors and am interested in a device that meets a lot of the same criteria (especially multichannel output and/or coax output.) The Oppo UDP-203 and UDP-205 meet a lot of your criteria (minus Spotify built-in), and it's too bad they're...
Top Bottom