Search results

1. S

HiFi and mental well-being

I had reached what I thought was peak audio (for me anyway), but for some reason sold it all and bought Devialet Phantom speakers on a whim. Over the past few years I had chopped and changed components, cables, and layout, but was never content. I'm just enjoying the music now and have stopped...
  2. S

Sony Tapecorder 101 Review (Vintage Reel to Reel)

Was I the only person to get straight onto eBay after reading this review? Well done, Amir.
  3. S

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I received my Minidsp SHD recently and wanted to provide some feedback regarding the ADC. The main reason I purchased the SHD was so that I could connect two tape decks - a Nargra IV-S and a Revox B77. Well, they've never sounded better, so I would guess that the analogue to digital conversion...
  4. S

Beolab 28

I value your opinion, you're obviously a learned person. What are your thoughts on my current speakers (Sonus Faber Olympica III)?
  5. S

Beolab 28

Maybe the Genelecs will be displayed in the MoMA one day?
  6. S

Beolab 28

Have you heard the Beolab 28s?
  7. S

Beolab 28

There's no way I'd be putting out a pair of Genelec 8351B speakers in my lounge. Would you rather have these on display rather than the B&Os? I really like B&O design (from all decades) - so I guess it is just a matter of differing taste.
  8. S

Beolab 28

Do you think there might be a difference in quality between optical in and ChromeCast streaming?
  9. S

Beolab 28

You could consider them to be gimmicky, but good design and materials costs $. When you take into account that they have amps, speakers, DACs, DSP, etc, I wouldn't say that they offer terrible value. I'm just a bit fed up with my lounge looking like a hifi shop.
  10. S

Beolab 28

I'm just trying to figure out the best way to connect the speakers to Roon and my two analogue sources (Nagra IV-S and Revox B77 mkII). I'm thinking about connecting directly to the Roon Rock PC (with USB->SPDIF converter), and then using the 3.5mm line in for the analogue devices using some...
  11. S

Beolab 28

I'm seriously thinking about selling all my gear and buying a pair. They look beautiful and supposedly sound great. Plus, I'm getting fed up of the never ending cycle of swapping/upgrading DACs, AMPs, speakers, and all the cables are doing my head in!
  12. S

Preamp for three tape decks

Update: after reading all the great reviews, I've just bought a Benchmark AHB2, which only has one set of XLR inputs. I'd still like to listen to my three tape decks (Nagra IV-S, Revox B77 and Sony Walkman Pro). I intend to always run the DAC straight to the power amp, but will unplug the DAC...
  13. S

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

I'm trying to work out if this amp would be suitable to power a pair of 4 ohm, 90 dB SPL (2.83 V/1m) sensitivity speakers. I would be using it with an RME ADI-2 DAC.
  14. S

Marantz PM-90 Review (Vintage Amplifier)

Very nice - particularly as it has the ability to work with three tape decks!
  15. S

Thanks for the suggestions @Robin L and @Blumlein 88. I'll do some research on the RME ADI FS-PRO ADC/DAC. Although, how would I switch the signal to record the DAC to three different tape decks? Another switch box?
  16. S

Hi At the moment I'm feeding an RME ADI-2 DAC directly into a vintage Sony poweramp (TA-N77ES) with the attenuation on the amp set to bypass. I also have three tape decks (Nagra IV-S, Revox B77, and Sony WM-D6C) connected to the amp which I use with the amp's second input and using variable...
  17. S

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

Would someone be able to tell me if the volume control is analogue, digital, or a combination (like the RME ADI DAC-2). Thanks.
  18. S

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

I certainly will. I used to own the original version and regretted selling it (I love the hybrid combination of analogue/digital attenuation).
  19. S

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

Just ordered the updated version with AKM's AK4493 - should be sent out next week.
Top Bottom