Search results

1. T

Warning: suspected scam on this forum

I hope this warning is helpful to other members. I recently posted a request here for a particular amplifier I wanted to buy. A new member “bradonryan” gave me the email address for a “Christopher Scott” who had one to sell. He had photos of the item and appeared to know what he was selling. I...
  2. T

WANTED: Extron XPA 1002 Plus Amplifier (240v)

Wanted: Extron XPA 1002 Plus amplifier (240v)
  3. T

SMSL C-200 DAC Bluetooth pairing problem

I have a Bluetooth pairing problem. I have two SMSL C-200 DACs for separate audio systems in different rooms. My Samsung Freestyle home cinema projector pairs easily with one of these DACs but doesn’t recognise the other. Both DACs pair with other BT devices and the projector pairs with other...
  4. T

Ripping CDs: is ‘lossless’ really lossless?

I read somewhere recently that ripping CDs using iTunes / Apple Music does not produce an exact copy of the digital data, even when using a lossless format such as ALAC. According to the author, Apple’s error correction somehow interpolates for ‘absent’ data caused by scratches, etc. such that...
  5. T

Is my Topping D50 faulty?

Hello, this is my first post. After reading the reviews here, I have recently changed my DAC to a Topping D50. This is connected via USB to a headless Mac Mini (mid 2011, Mac OS 10.10.5) playing JRiver Media Center 21, controlled remotely from an iPad. The D50 sounds great, but I have an...
Top Bottom