Search results

1. D

MASSDROP X Focal ELEX Review (headphone)

@amirm are they close enough to the Utopias? Or completely different beast... I’m torn to get this, the Arya or HD800S as end of game open headphones .
  2. D

Replacing THX 789 + Soncoz (Balanced) with Motu M4

Was definitely not, I've tried in different days and with another person that noticed the same as well. The point is I don't think you can get better than the Soncoz + 789, they are connected in balanced as well. There is a clarity to the combo that's not in the M4, I do understand the...
  3. D

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

I couldn't find the answer googling, but is there any sound quality difference between the gain I, II and III provided the volume output is normalized?
  4. D

Motu M2 Review (Audio Interface)

God knows, now I'm passing it through EQ APO and I have plenty of volume again. I take windows could be the culprit in all problems if I take it as a comparison with my macbook. I'm thinking to switching to a macbook mini with M1.. will see how it goes.
  5. D

Motu M2 Review (Audio Interface)

Coming from 2i2 3rd Gen to Motu M4, I would say Scarlett has less problems... in my Motu I had issues with Zoom and what not, I have to use specific bitrates and sometimes there is no audio output after the PC coming from Sleep or what not and I need to turn off and on, then is ok. Also the...
  6. D

Adam T8V Studio Monitor Review

Really, I don't hear anything and they are like 40/50 cm from me and I'm sensitive to high pitch and have good hearing (17 to 18 khz)
  7. D

Hissing is there at any volume, but only when I put my ear 5 to 10 cm from the tweeter... so for me i don't mind. If I give full volume from the Motu M4, some other noise comes in kind of a static but I think this is present for many speakers when at full power? Also my T8V has a +4db or so...
  8. D

Replacing THX 789 + Soncoz (Balanced) with Motu M4

Hello guys, I've been comparing this combo today, I want to simplify my desktop so I'm planning to keep only my Motu M4. The headphone volume knob at 2 PM seems to do the trick for my HD6XX and LCD2 Closed... previously with my Focusrite 2i2 the headphone output was not enough. On a TOTALLY...
  9. D

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

I still find the output level with the volume at max used as a DAC to be lower than the focusrite... the headphone output on the other hand can drive the HD6XX without any problems.
  10. D

For what everyone is saying and as per my research, there is no way to configure the front input TRS as stereo. Moreover, if I look at the LCD screen, the inputs are labeled as mono, so there are in total 4 mono inputs. 1-2 together can be stereo, and 3-4 together can be stereo. Hope it makes...
  11. D

Yes, but can be used as L and R. I just need to get a cable from TRS stereo to dual TRS mono balanced.
  12. D

The way it works.. the front TRS are mono balanced, and if you use the two together they can be stereo. On the back also two inputs TRS balanced, which together give stereo. Hope is clear as it took some time for me to get it!
  13. D

Yes, exactly like that TRS balanced to XLR... it was the same in the Focusrite!
  14. D

Thanks for the quick reply, as dfuller said, the inputs at the front are TRS Balanced Mono, so I'll have to use the back line inputs. As for the volume, now is late, but I'll try again tomorrow and reply back.. I felt as the M4 was lacking power. As for the headphone jack it can drive the...
  15. D

Hello guys, I just got a Motu M4 coming from a Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen. I do understand the front inputs are TRS mono and not stereo? I cannot make it work as stereo. And secondly and more important, while driving my Adam T8V, the focusrite seems to have more power than the Motu, which is a bit...
  16. D

I'm between the T7V and T8V, any recommendations and why? I'm thinking of going with the T8V due to the bass extension, I will use to listen to music and as a monitor for electric guitar.
  17. D

Is the MacBook Pro 13" 2020 DAC insanely good or is it me?

To be honest haven't try them and my impressions would not be good due to the fact that I mostly listen with high end headphones. For what I see they are quite good for this small laptop.
  18. D

Is the MacBook Pro 13" 2020 DAC insanely good or is it me?

Hi all, Basically I upgraded from a 2013 MacBook Pro and I always used it with a Dragonfly dongle, at home I do have a Soconz DAC and THX 789, then to my surprise, the moment I connected the headphones directly to this Mac the clarity is pretty good as well as volume, had anyone measure it or...
  19. D

Schiit Magnius Balanced Headphone Amp Review

Out of curiosity, is the 3db difference noticeable?
  20. D

Review and Measurements of Grace Design Balanced DAC

I don’t live in the US so Soncoz seems the one to go!
Top Bottom