Search results

1. F

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Too late, it's already on the way :( but thanks!
  2. F

Just placed the order, it came out to $47.62 with VAT and shipping to my country (Hungary/EU), from Amazon.com. From Amazon.de it had cost even more. Est. Delivery is jan.17. If someome knows a better place to order from, pls let me know :)
  3. F

Great, thanks for the review Amir! I waited for your review before ordering it, just to make sure.
  4. F

Focal Celestee Review (Headphone)

None of them is worth ecen the third of that price. Here's a real good deal (from DCA news letter): AEON RT Closed + Schiit Asgard 3 with 9028 DAC for only $679
  5. F

Drop Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X

A good (with good i mean it has transparency, and no big problem) dac and amp has no sound signature at all. The whole point of being good is that it doesn't alter the sound signal in any perceivable way to human hearing. I suggest you go through the reviews here on ASR (dac, amp or combo unit)...
  6. F

Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review

I'm a little bit disappointed with this DCA HP. I think the Drop Aeon X is a much better deal. If I recall correctly, it has lower distortion, and you can get better results with EQ. It's also cheaper. (don't know if you still can get it new) (I have the closed one)
  7. F

Loxjie D40 Pro DAC & HP Amp Review

Is it the first product with SOTA dac and powerful HP amp in one unit? I think so.. Also combined with good price.
  8. F

Speed Reading DAC Audio Measurements

Amir has a more detailed video on this, look it up in his older videos (sorry, don't have the time to search it right now).
  9. F

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

Hello guys, Can someone link me the original post with the sample #2 EQ preset for the Drop Aeon Closed X? I messed around in Peace EQ, i might have changed the settings (that user interface is a crap btw.), and i can't find the post. I'm not even sure in which topic it was :)
  10. F

Gold Planar GL2000 Headphone Review

I must admit, i bought it because of that hype (i won't do something like that again). I didn't regret it that much, it sounded good with EQ, and was super comfortable.
  11. F

Gold Planar GL2000 Headphone Review

You're late with the review! :D I sold mine on summer last year, and bought a DCA+Drop Aeon Closed X instead, just because it was measured here (not that exact version, but close enough), and proven to be quite good. The GL2000 was more comfortable though, but i don't regret it :) i also EQ'd...
  12. F

It's in the AutoEQ database of Peace EQ, just have to select it from the list. There's 4 different EQ's for it, including 2 Oratory's. Search for: dan clark audio aeon Edit2: sorry, wrong one, we need the drop X But most people agree, that the best setting is the sample #2 here in this topic
  13. F

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

All of this is just made up by your brain, not real. Please read more here on ASR, and/or watch some of Amir's videos (dac, cable reviews for example), he explains very well why you think you hear those differences. This isn't true in the case if the Audiolab dac, you are comparing to, is a...
  14. F

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Hello Amir, did you had chance to measure the 4.4mm output? Is there a chance it could drive low impedance headphones, like the DCA Stealth better with that output? I have a Drop Aeon Closed X, which is also low imp., i try to figure out if this unit could be good for me or not.
  15. F

When you change the gain setting, you change the volume (SPL level) too, and louder is almost always perceived as better. That's why this is one of the most important things in a controlled test, to very precisely match SPL levels (not with ears). The gain setting shouldn't make the Headphone...
  16. F

If anyone else needs it, i found the pin layout for the hirose connector on DCA's website: And here is how to identify the pin's: Also my headphone arrived today, i'm exited to hear it in the evening :) i also need to search for the "sample 2" EQ preset in this thread :)
  17. F

Thank you, i knew about them. Price is reasonable, but not really cheap, $75+$50 for shipping to the EU + VAT, it would be about $150 at the end, at least. The cable this guy makes is about ~$15 altogether. I ordered the connectors from Aliexpress and shipped to him (is included in the $15).
  18. F

Hello! My headphone is on the way, and i ordered and sent the hirose 4 pin connectors with a 4.4mm male (i have a 4.4mm to XLR adapter already) to a guy who makes cables. He doesn't know how to connect the pins on the hirose connector, and i can't find any pin layout for headphones on the net...
  19. F

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

Damn. I ordered the Closed X at the end of June, with the "22SUMMERSTARTED" Code, but it was only -$20 from the $399 :(
Top Bottom