Search results

1. S

Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review

So I guess DCA isn't having any sales this year huh? I was waiting for that to pick up one of these, but guess I won't be getting any.
  2. S

Saving you a lot of money

This always seemed obvious to me. Buy the best speakers or headphones you can afford, don't worry too much about the amplifier (as long as it's sufficient) or the DAC. The device which actually generates the soundwaves that you hear will have the most variability in quality and thus sound...
  3. S

Ehh, I'll probably just get the RT if anything and use some of the difference towards a good dongle dac/Amp. Now I just need to decide between the open and closed versions. I like open because my ears don't get as hot, but having closed of course gives better isolation and less noise leakage...
  4. S

I always struggle to spend more than ~$400 on a pair of headphones, as I think it's severely diminishing returns after that. Hoping someone has tested both, or owns both and can share impressions.
  5. S

In what way is the Aeon 2 a better headphone than the Aeon RT? Trying to understand where the additional ~$400 in value comes from and if it's worth it. How would I hear it?
  6. S

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

Those of you that also use the Truthear DAC, how is the power draw on that thing compared to the BHD Pro?
  7. S

It works on my iPhone 15 Pro as well, but volume control from the phone doesn't work. The volume control on the DAC itself has steps that are way too small. Requested a return through Ali Express.
  8. S

Right, guess I'll just stick to the S8 then, though it having a micro-USB port is a bit outdated these days.
  9. S

Ah yes, the volume steps are ridiculously small. I have to hold down the volume button for quite a while for there to be a perceptible change in volume. Well, at least it works so I can't claim it's a dud. Might still try to return it, though I ordered it from AliExpress. Are there any...
  10. S

I received this unit today and did a quick test on my iPhone 15 Pro. It works, but I don't appear to be able to adjust the volume? On the phone I can't, and on the unit itself I'm not noticing any change in volume? It was just a quick test, though and will try again later.
  11. S

Have you tried contacting Tempotec to see what they have to say?
  12. S

Well, took the plunge on this. Always like these kinds of dongles, and with an iphone 15 on the way, I can just plug it right into that usb port :D
  13. S

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Honestly, I only built it because I couldn't find something off the shelf that had a nice large screen + 12V trigger outs. Mine has 2 that both triggers my Poweramp (also a DIY, Purifi based) and a self-made audio switching circuit that triggers relays to toggle between my AVR or the Streamer...
  14. S

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

This unit in particular would really benefit from a 12V trigger out, to power on an amp. It seems like such an obvious feature to include in these streamer+DAC products as they'll usually need to be paired with a poweramp, yet most of them omit it.
  15. S

Sony Xperia 5 IV Audio Review

Don't know why anyone even cares about the sound quality in a car? There's a ton of ambient noise coming from outside, completely destroying any kind of fidelity there might be. Who cares if it's Bluetooth SBC or lossless. I really can't hear the difference in a car, and frankly, it's the...
  16. S

The worst thing about being an audiophile

It could leave you with tinnitus though ;)
  17. S

DIY Purifi Amp builds

8x SMPS1200A400 would be extreme overkill. If you want to go 8x mono, get 8x SMPS600. But again, probably extreme overkill as surround channels don't need as much power.
  18. S

Sony Xperia 5 IV Audio Review

Ha, I bought this same phone a few months ago and returned it because I thought it was actually too small. Was very hard to type on that very narrow screen. It's an odd aspect ratio. I really wanted to get another phone with a headphone jack, but the Sony just wasn't it. Also tried the...
Top Bottom