Search results

1. Y

Does anyone know why EqualizerAPO considerably changes EQ frequency response between Samplerates?

For example with 192khz 24bit in windows set the analysis panel shows a a response like this. But with 44.1khz 24bit It shows a completely different response which looks identical to what i have it set to.
  2. Y

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

Just wondering but has anyone tried connecting this AVR to a dac to the analog input for better Stereo music playback? Unsure if the pure direct etc modes disable Subwoofer LFE too tho.
  3. Y

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

I’m considering getting this AVR, but I see people say that this AV Receiver does not have bass management, does this mean that it has no EQ capability at all? I was thinking of only EQing to a max limit of either 500-750hz. I could probably go the route of a SVS 1000 pro along with UMIK-1 for...
  4. Y

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Ahhh nice so i can continue to use the low gain then, i would get better use out of the volume knob that way too.
  5. Y

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Just wondering but how much power does the HD800S actually need, i heard that the headphone is like 600ohm at around 100hz, so I'm unsure if my TCA-HPA1 on low gain max 55mw power according to amir, is enough, high gain sounds almost too high at 9'o clock tho already....
  6. Y

Audyssey Room EQ Review

Hmm yeah they do seem pretty neutral there, I will probably get good results just putting it 3-4db lower around the 4-11khz area. I wasn't even looking at measurements of the speakers when I bought them, but seems I was lucky, and made a good choice, the lackluster bass extension they...
  7. Y

Audyssey Room EQ Review

Both fronts/surrounds are dynavoice definition DM-6 on speaker stands with their definition center speaker, and a dynavoice thunder t-12 sub. My room doesn't sound particularly reverberating,as I have a 6 seater corner couch in the back of the room.
  8. Y

Audyssey Room EQ Review

Hmm is there any recommendations settings/options when using the app though that should work well? This is my first time doing room EQ so I have no idea what's most "accurate" vs most"pleasing"
  9. Y

Audyssey Room EQ Review

Is there a reason why EQuing to flat is undesirable, isn't that what the mastering engineer has so shouldn't that be most accurate? I'm using my 5.1 setup in a nearfield configuration so maybe it's different then but flat sounds pretty good for me.
  10. Y

So im trying to create a parametric EQ in REW to convert to a WAV convolution file...

I don't believe it's correcting to a flat curve though but to the harman target curve.
  11. Y

So im trying to create a parametric EQ in REW to convert to a WAV convolution file...

Well REW should be able to directly convert PEQ into convolution wav files just need to find the correct settings to use in target/filter tasks, and I don't really have a use for ROON barring maybe the DSP features.
  12. Y

Using this preset from autoEQ for my headphones I've done this already, and made a convolution mono wav file with these settings, but idk something still sounds weird to me, do i need to invert the gain values from + to -, and - to +, or is there any other settings i need to change here?
  13. Y

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

@JohnYang1997 interesting I just tried out some 48khz based DSD tracks from nativeDSD the DAC seems capable of actually playing it back correctly (many don't) if you workaround the firmware/software glitches by first starting a 44khz based DSD track, then switching to the 48khz based one, the...
  14. Y

Tom Christiansen Audio HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

Interesting that the Medical grade series has issues i wonder what's different with them when they're supposed to be "better" Also wouldn't negative effects of ground leakage if any only affect unbalanced signaling?
  15. Y

Tom Christiansen Audio HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

I'm just curious but when you decided on using the meanwell SMPS, did you manage to solve the ground leakage problem that these SMPS have, or did you decide to use their medical grade ones which supposedly has far lower ground leakage current? @tomchr
  16. Y

Is it normal to get clipping with volume set to 100% with no EQ, or anything else active?

hmm interestingly enough setting player volume to around -1db seems to fix most of the clipping, so I think it's probably like you said due to either the threshold being a little under 0dbfs, or due to inter-sample peaks/upsampling used for detecting.
  17. Y

Is it normal to get clipping with volume set to 100% with no EQ, or anything else active?

I've been running EQAPO, and peacegui for a couple days now, and i notice that even when i have disabled all form of EQ etc, the clipping indicator in peaceGUI still lights up red for all sound devices i have tried, is it just the track in question going over 0dB or is there something wrong with...
  18. Y

Unsure then how HQplayer does it then but it has volume control for DSD without converting to PCM, maybe miska has somehow managed to create one?
  19. Y

Volume control should be possible with DAC mode and DSD using digital attenuation in the software player/windows, I know it works for me with HQplayer atleast.
Top Bottom