Search results

1. M

Neumann NDH 30 Review

Yeah, but you can buy the HD 6X0 headband padding to replace the NDH 30 padding and improve the overall comfort.
  2. M

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

Indeed, it's far from perfect, but Moondrop has updated its app and improved a little. Now, the CDSP can handle non-integers and the full range (5 bands PEQ, though), and the FreeDSP range is 60-20kHz (9 bands PEQ).
  3. M

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

The 2pin isn't standardized. If you're going to use a cable with preformed earhooks there's a big chance one side will be out of phase. Also, the stock cable 2-pin is way longer than the 'standardized' recessed 2-pin. I've been experiencing disconnects all the time with a third-party cable on...
  4. M

E1DA 9038D Review (portable DAC & Amp)

Out of curiosity, is the new ES9039q2m project only for the balanced topology S version, or do you have plans to make an updated '9039D' as well?
  5. M

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

I can't see how that'll help at all. The angled nozzle will fit oddly and the hook will still face the wrong side.
  6. M

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

PSA: I've switched the cable to a third-party one as I'm not too fond of the eye-catching silver material, and I've noticed that the sound was odd and out of phase. Checking the pinout seems to be indeed the case and not good news for most cables with earhooks: Riping out the earhook plastic...
  7. M

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

Looking good! I'd be curious to see a poll about whether users prefer 2.5mm or 4.4mm, as 2.5mm seems rarer in 2023 products such as dongles and daps. But I'd imagine that would add another layer of complexity to the current design/case.
  8. M

E1DA 9038D Review (portable DAC & Amp)

@IVX I'm not sure if it's easy to implement, but I'd love to have the option to disable the PTL via the 9038Tweak app. I added a negative gain to use it with my IEMs, and whenever I tweak the volume on Windows too fast, it decreases the gain via the PTL function, making it a bit bothersome to...
  9. M

Neumann NDH 30 Review

It's been confirmed that they share the same diaphragm by the Sennheiser audiophile product manager (link).
  10. M

A Thread Dedicated to Cirrus Logic CS43131

iBasso released a dual CS43131 some days ago FWIW. https://hifigo.com/products/ibasso-dc03-pro
  11. M

New Neumann NDH30 coming

Indeed. This was mentioned quite often in some blogs from Japan. https://www.soundhouse.co.jp/contents/column/index?post=2701 Translated using Google Translate.
  12. M

New Neumann NDH30 coming

Indeed. Using the L channel that has more "ear" gain against the Oratory's AVG HD600 response, take that with a good amount of salt. I'd expect more sub-bass and a healthy downward slopping treble compared to the HD600.
  13. M

New Neumann NDH30 coming

Oratory just posted the preliminary measurements. Apparently, he's got a lemon and a new unit should be arriving soon IIUC.
  14. M

New Neumann NDH30 coming

If you're concerned about talents, Axel Grell was part of the team that designed the NDH 30 (source). He was the guy behind the HD6X0 and HD800. That's just a different STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning). Neumann's focus is pro audio instead of audiophiles/casuals. On youtube, you'll...
  15. M

New Neumann NDH30 coming

As staticV3 said, that's misleading. Also, this "Harman Adjusted" is adapted to Super Review's coupler quirks and it should be used only with the measurements from his database. Just to make clear why you shouldn't cross graphs from different sources:
  16. M

New Neumann NDH30 coming

Just to avoid people being misled by this comment, the measurements from Headphonecheck test are using a Neumann KU100, the KU100 does not have ear canal simulators and therefore does not deliver accurate results. As you can see: It's basically a flat plate rig. The difference between the two...
  17. M

Review and Measurements of Apogee Groove DAC and Amp

Hey, does anyone with an HD6X0 also suffer from anxiety due to how powerful the Groove is? ATM I'm using it at 10% on W10 and I fear a bit if I randomly misclick something the volume goes up to 100% and I might get permanent hearing loss. I've been thinking of adding an iFi IEMatch or does...
  18. M

New in-ear Headphones TWS 1 from Axel Grell

I think Crinacle had a beta version or he just ignored the app.
  19. M

A Thread Dedicated to Cirrus Logic CS43131

Hey, does anyone here by chance have the OEaudio DAC HA2? https://www.oeaudio.net/product-page/dac-ha2 It looks great and it's sporting Dual CS43131 but not much more info than that.
  20. M

Samsung USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

Thanks for the tip! It's working flawlessly now! But my Samsung dongle doesn't work on Spotify, do you know any fix for that?
Top Bottom