Search results

1. zermak

What amp would you buy?

My suggestion is to get a more powerful amp with balanced inputs/XLR so that you can drive it directly from the Eversolo* (note below) to drive the loudspeakers to the sound pressure levels you need and then use the RCA/unbalanced outs of the Eversolo to the Yamaha DSP a2 for your home theater...
  2. zermak

Help with measurement data

It should means relative to Amplitude. So that in the graph you have the highest signal on the 0 point and it makes the graph easier to read. edit: @staticV3 was faster than me :)
  3. zermak

DAC Not Playing Over USB

I am reading the specs for your DAC and it says its power consumption is 3W which is probably over the max current the USB of the squeezebox can output (usually it's 500mA for USB1/2 but I don't have any info on the squeeze box capabilities) and perhaps you could try with some USB cable that...
  4. zermak

Good headphone for vocals (max 300$)

Late to the party here but just wanted to point out of the issues the Chu keeps having just reading the last few pages of the thread about them here; and well many found the badly glued metal filters like on mine. I mean their are a very good IEM for the price, if they are one-piece, but the QC...
  5. zermak

DAC Not Playing Over USB

The USB port on the Squeezebox Touch is only used as a "input" port for storage (USB hard drives and so on) to read music from but the good-ish news is that, from the wikipedia site, it "supports asynchronous USB digital audio output, enabled by use of a free third-party plug-in". Now I can't...
  6. zermak

Good headphone for vocals (max 300$)

The Chus are a cheap model; I waited some weeks to get them cause of the huge demand and I receievd a broken model (the metal hole cover fell off the first time I put them on, the glue failed, and the plastic-ish shield cover, that act as a frequency filter I suppose, beind it was unglued and...
  7. zermak

Changing a tweeter good idea on a manufactured speaker?

I wouldn't go for it, unless it is something you are doing for fun or to learn something by doing it and going into the DIY hole ahah. Anyway the AMT you have selected has been measured here and it seems to perform on average(?): I mean a cheap (1/4-ish of the AMT's price) dome can do better...
  8. zermak

Advice for an amplifier Rotel Hypex Purifi Classic?

Looking at the FFT graph (NB: it misses the output power info but if the profile stays the same regarding the output power) it looks like the amp is noise dominated: the 2nd harmonic is in fact at about -85dB while the 3rd is already at -92dB and so on. If the translator works correctly it seems...
  9. zermak

Advice for an amplifier Rotel Hypex Purifi Classic?

The Rotel amp you have mentioned was measured here and performs quite poorly: 0,75% THD+N at 5W into 4 ohm load, eyeballing the graph, which translates into a 62-ish dB SINAD (using Amir standard). It was tested together with the Rotel preamp tho (but probably the limiting factor is still the...
  10. zermak

Pls help me understand digital(out) multi channel audio interface

You can sum up (meaning just adding the same in the list) as many filters as you want and even make your own math/scripts to have better or just different slopes. This is a Low Pass filter I use with a 48db/oct slope (you can change N to have a steeper/relaxed slope and Fc to select your cut-off...
  11. zermak

Question about preamp+amp performance

To make what @djtetei said simple, and if my math is correct, it means that when your pre is at full then your amplifier (with its 22.5dB gain) is putting out only 88,8W-ish watts into 8ohm.
  12. zermak

Pls help me understand digital(out) multi channel audio interface

@ceramic Before buying anything give EqualizerAPO a try: if you already have a desktop/tower PC you can use its on board audio sound card/DAC (the 3,5mm jack outputs on the mainboard behind the case; which is probably a 5.1 or 7.1 version) to experiment with it and see if it suits your needs. I...
  13. zermak

Integrated Amplifier for B&W DM 602 S3

Do you really want a class AB amplifier? With your money (~500 euros) you could get a Hypex Ncore NC252MP from Audiophonics (150W into 8 ohm 1% THD); and with less than 800 euros you could get a 300W into 8ohm speaker amp (Hypex Ncore NC502MP). On class AB I guess the Yamaha ToP-ART amp series...
  14. zermak

Please HELP! (mods please move thread as needed)

If you have a RME DAC why don't you simply use it as preamp and never exceed -17dBFS on the volume (if using RCA outs)?
  15. zermak

TVs...

@ZolaIII Well I am sure OoO will be more popular (I mean we already have phones with very powerful SoCs which are actually overkill for a phone use case scenario) and ARM is ahead with the processor architecture (with the BIG.little hierarchy which Intel has put on its new processors too and AMD...
  16. zermak

TVs...

@ZolaIII Ok I got you but it seems that the TCL I mentioned uses a MT916 from Mediatek and it should be a 4 cores Cortex-A73 @1.6GHz with 3GB DDR4 2666MHz, a G52MP2 GPU and a 32GB ROM (specs from XDA forum). I've used a TV box, just to try it, with worse specs (I don't remember the SoC) and it...
  17. zermak

TVs...

I've got a iDisplay Pro to calibrate the TV/monitor; even my smartphone is calibrated XD And I've got a (HT)PC to use the TV with if the OS/smart features are that bad.
  18. zermak

TVs...

I am still waiting to replace my 50" plasma TV and I am torn between getting a high end TV (most probably a 65" OLED from LG with this year Neo panel) or a budget/mid range TV. I don't hit the trigger on the OLED TV yet because of the actual use of the TV in my living room; it's basically...
  19. zermak

How to improve my PC/Headphone Audio experience?

I would give it a try anyway. You will not risk anything. HeSuVi creates its own text file (with lots of stuff in it and well you can learn some tricks just opening/reading it) to be loaded in EqualizerAPO. If you have issuses just disable that text file and you're back with your...
  20. zermak

How to improve my PC/Headphone Audio experience?

You are welcome. I am just a happy user :) Next step is tying some surround mixing/virtualization through HeSuVi while watching movies/playing games with headphones :P
Top Bottom