Search results

1. F

More wisdom from Paul McGowan

Nearly all audiophiles have thing line of thinking that expensive must mean good, Get very angry at the thought you can get good sound for under $500. I ditched one IEM reviewer because he such a asshole about sharing that same ignorant opinion and fans are even worse, since they hounded me when...
  2. F

Turntables - help me understand the appeal?

I was meaning industrial/experimental side, Stuff that usually distortion central. By metal i was meaning the need for 2 to 4 discs since. But there always been exceptions since there LP's i got that surprised me by there overall clarity since there ways around vinyl's limitations while lossy's...
  3. F

Turntables - help me understand the appeal?

Vinyl is too weak for some complex electro and metal music, in digital terms a LP is pretty much 12/32 FLAC. CD/16 Bit lossless wins on sound quality and dynamic range which is why classical artists quickly dumped vinyl in favour of CD. The only reason i see i that its the fun on getting...
  4. F

Are you a headphone or speaker user?

Headphones, The only i one i mainly use is the ER4SR.
  5. F

Is Audio Science Review going about it all wrong? Or partly wrong? Or all right?

Yeah there quite of few reviews where the IEM, Headphone are tainted by whatever gear they use. Grado is a on ear open back so there mic distortion, room/headphone resonances and its own. Even tyll's distortion graphs had weird glitches on few he tested. I highly doubt the THD+N of the...
  6. F

Is Audio Science Review going about it all wrong? Or partly wrong? Or all right?

Funny how you and another have to ignore that allot the stuff is done at 90 - 100db, That grado is has peaks that reach 1.2% at 90db and 4.5% at 100db. A ER4XR is 0.7% at 90db, 1% at 100db. At normal volumes that a grado is 0.55% while the ER4XR is 0.35%, Not to mention there a thing THD...
  7. F

Allot the stuff your talking that are 1% are only that at 90 to 100db and same for much higher stuff. The Grado SR225e is like 5% in the treble yet nobody notices which is why i doubt the ER4XR is gimped by being 1% since allot don't even notice that, By my comparisons logic the ER4SR and other...
  8. F

Those are seriously the most misunderstood when it comes to audiophiles, So many have the attitude that 0.5 - 5% must be bad and <0.2% must be good in the headphone area. Allot of good speakers are way past 1% and allot will have a bad measuring headphone were the "1% THD" suddenly isn't a...
  9. F

About headphone distortion graphs and audibility

Yeah hence why they need more than just trust my ears opinions which happens with Dynamic vs BA arguments on how they sound. But will defend planar and electrostatic that have the same sound BA drivers have...
  10. F

Yet it dosen't stop them acting as if they care about SQ while they loudly brag how they never touch CD/lossless and only spotify at 320kbps. So many in the past i argued with on other Audio sites didn't seem to get there opinions are void on high end headphones being 1% if they feed it trash...
  11. F

I was rushed typing but i meant sighted wither review or testing. Just assuming a 1% THD must be bad while done zero tests to see if they back up there claims.
  12. F

Since the past months I've noticed a few reviews/impressions go on how they can hear the 1% ER4XR and other headphones when all graphs are done at 90 to 105db?. But i noticed they can't even detect the 2% the HD600 has in the low frequencies or even on any grado headphone which can reach even...
  13. F

Can we trust our ears?

Can't tell 192k from lossless with Musepack and AAC.
  14. F

Oh my, I think I just did something a little daft

Used to the flawed approach most dynamic drivers give on bass and poor fit I'm using small tri flanges for the SE215 that give me better sound an isolation that stock tips.
  15. F

Objectivist friendly and wallet friendly IEM?

I got -8 combined for questioning that the ER4S is only flat because the BA can't handle bass?. Ignoring the ER4XR/PT and a S/SR with EQ by 4 to 6db. The sub is prime example of having no clue on what there talking about. They don't even read the harman research links they spam on that DF...
  16. F

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Pretty much happend when i had the ER4PT with a P - S cable the ER4S sounded light years ahead with clarity and balanced sound than the bassy headphones/IEM's i had before it.
  17. F

Both the ER4SR/SE are very easy to drive i had no issue with my motherboard audio, Yet the ER4S i had needed a DAC in high gain to sound great.
  18. F

There overhyped on Reddit as well, the sub would downvote any negative opinions about them and blindly assume because there £1100 they have to be good there. Andro is very picky on DAC/DAP, the ER4XR and other IEM's beat it and more. Allot of them sound like they not tried allot of stuff or...
  19. F

The CA comet/Orion don't hold up to the ER4SR, the warmth on the comet can be done by EQ on a SE/S/SR or a XR version.
  20. F

The ER2SE is cheaper on US amazon like $149.
Top Bottom