Search results

1. R

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

How many FP bits ? 64 ? But anyway, bit test file should display at least 24 bits confirmation on RME screen. (Well, APx Flex shows 16 bits. But OK... And if you check the "bit perfect" checkbox, then it shows 32 bits)
  2. R

In the good old days gentleman dealer used blind testing to save audiophiles' money!

The guy who could afford the Linn at the time, and would have been able to keep it, would have earned an interesting amount of money saling it 40 years later... But that's another discussion.
  3. R

Yes, that's what I try to do. I see how to use a wave as source, but it's not bitperfect. Ans I can't find a way to force it. As a test, playing RME bit test file doesn't display confirmation message. Yes, that way I've used extensively in the past, as you know. Very usefull.
  4. R

@pkane Can you use a wave file as source in "bitperfect" mode ? If yes, is it possible with a 32 bits PCM WAV file ?
  5. R

Love this one !
  6. R

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Looks great ! Nice speaker for a nice price. Thanks for the review
  7. R

TOPPING D90 III、TOPPING D50 III

Looks like that, indeed Read here: https://www.xmos.com/dsp
  8. R

But does that work in that case ? If the processing is done in the PC (ie the device doesn't have a DSP or CPU to process the sound), you'd need the software to run on the host. If they do have a DSP inside, then why to limit to USB ?
  9. R

Then it's killing all interest. On USB, one can use any free parametric EQ, so that just has 0 interest to bother to store EQ in the device. Just adding more complexity with no benefit. On SPDIF, that would be usefull, for sure. Too bad.
  10. R

Is that confirmed ? That would mean they gave a DSP inside, which is a major change, I suppose. And if it is, dies it then work for any input (as it should) ?
  11. R

Multi-tone audio testing?

I suspect they are built with same goals. And lowering crest factor, of course. They also use some tricks, like centering all tones to FFT bins, then multiplying FFT size by 2: all odd order FFT bins may only contain noise then. So they are able to get a noiise measurement durectly from the...
  12. R

Topping E30 II Lite DAC review and measurements

There is a difference between my filters naming and what one read in the manual. All filters seem to be shifted one position. Maybe I didn't interpret the display correctly.
  13. R

You're right. But the link in the post before mine was wrong.
  14. R

DACs with built in PEQ like RME?

But that's with PC only, if I'm not mistaken. Those Topping DACs don't have an internal DSP. So not comparable.
  15. R

Latest firmware version to date (2024-03-19) is 2.05 Here https://www.toppingaudio.com/download/e30-ii-lite-version-v2-05-firmware-update NB: For E30 II Lite only NOT for E30 II
  16. R

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE - Auto-measured with Multitone

I think he's comparing the (measured) peak incoming frequency to the (known) outgoing frequency.
  17. R

Thanks ! I was wondering what you were exactly measuring. I do the same I also measure the % of signal energy in adjacent bins vs peak bin when using no window FFT. That is mainly to validate if "no window" can be used.
  18. R

How do you measure that ?
Top Bottom