Search results

1. Sylafari

Stereo Amplifiers >$500 (Not Integrated)

Anyone know any great stereo amplifiers that measure well that are close to $1k (maybe a little more)? Seems hard to find as most reviews are just subjective opinions backed by nothing. The stereo amplifiers measured by Amir so far all seem to be not so great compared to the great amplifier...
  2. Sylafari

Speakers Buzzing When Playing PC Games :(

So I have this issue whenever I play games with my PC where suddenly my speakers start to crackle (not super loud just a little kind of like a slightly louder hiss) as soon as the game starts to render (so from a general observation, it seems like when I put the GPU into some actual use). I'm...
  3. Sylafari

High End 4K Bluray Player Suggestions?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am looking for a high end 4k Bluray player where I could just buy it once and not be worried about replacing it for a very long time. I was considering the Oppo UDP-203 as it seems to have everything one would need except streaming (My LG...
  4. Sylafari

Looking For High Fidelity Near Field Desktop Speakers

I am looking for a nearfield speaker setup where the speakers are to the left and right of my main PC display. I plan to have them about 4.5~5 feet out maximum and toed in towards the chair. I am fairly new to speakers and I believe that for some larger bookshelf speakers they need to be...
  5. Sylafari

Questyle CMA 800R Good? Not Good?

So a few years ago, I was looking for a headphone amplifier for my HD 800, and I stumbled across this amplifier the Questyle CMA 800R (http://www.questyleaudio.com/index.php/product/CMA800R). It seemed to tick off all the requirements for me at the time (based on the manufacturer specifications...
  6. Sylafari

DAC Upgrade Insecurities and Questions

So I'm probably going to receive the RME ADI-2 DAC tomorrow. I am excited and very apprehensive at the same time. The main reason being I didn't really hear sound improvements that I would classify as substantial in each of my previous DAC upgrades. Unfortunately, I do not suffer from gear...
Top Bottom