Search results

1. Sylafari

Revel F328Be Speaker Review

Glad to see such a glowing review, I was considering sending in my M126Be in but the logistics of it was a bit overwhelming at the time. Hopefully one day I can send in the M126Be's as well to see if they are as capable as it's siblings.
  2. Sylafari

Revel M16 Speaker Review

I would really like to see my Revel M126Be be measured by amirm now... Makes me wonder good and bad. :D
  3. Sylafari

Does audio gear need to be sustainable?

Finally someone said it! Tired of hearing this Apple planned obsolesce battery argument as some super evil that has been committed. Phones with chemically depleted batteries will actually just shut down when the processor needs to consume power during peak load. As for all the other stuff...
  4. Sylafari

Help me sort out USB noise and a ground loop in a rather convoluted setup

I have the same issue and most of the noise occurs when the GPU starts to be put under a load (playing games, etc.),l and when everything is idle their is only a tiny background hiss. For my setup an optical cable between my PC motherboard and the DAC solved my ground loop noise problem with my...
  5. Sylafari

Review and Measurements of Accuphase E-270 Amplifier

I just find it odd that for such an established high end audio company they can accept that the balanced performance will be lower than Main In or High Level Input. They literally know this fact as it is in their printed specifications and seem to be perfectly fine with it for a $4500 audio...
  6. Sylafari

affordable way to record

Something like a UMIK-1?
  7. Sylafari

Speakers Buzzing When Playing PC Games :(

Replacing my speaker amplifier with ones with Balanced inputs and using Balanced out on my DAC has eliminated all the speaker hiss issues I had. Finally can play PC games in peace!
  8. Sylafari

@Stump909 Have you tried Optical out from the PC into the DAC?
  9. Sylafari

One Year Update - OLED Burn-in Test – RTINGS.com

Nice to know my use case on my OLED shouldn't pose any issues. (I also barely have any hours on my TV!).
  10. Sylafari

Using an Optical Cable solved my problem too but sometimes it hiccups and static noise is heard (not sure why exactly yet...) and then it disappears after a while, this doesn't happen often but it is annoying when it does. My TV's Optical Out doesn't suffer from these same issues. I think the...
  11. Sylafari

Review and Measurements of Neurochrome HP-1 High-Performance Amp

Hopefully in the future you will have that speaker amplifier kit you are selling in a fully assembled version with a case like the one you use on the Neurochrome HP1 (the speaker amplifier kit case just looks too bare boned :D, doesn't even have the logo on it :eek:).
  12. Sylafari

Review and Measurements of Hypex NC400 DIY Amp

Somehow it feels like the air has gone thick with tension all of a sudden. *Fingers crossed* (I'm seriously considering picking up a Hypex amplifier!) I saw that the DIY Kit is solderless? Also some 3rd party makes cases with no soldering required? Maybe I'll build one myself...
  13. Sylafari

How much power for my speakers?

I'll have you know its a 6.5" driver. :p
  14. Sylafari

How much power for my speakers?

Is it fair for me to ask how much power for my brand new speakers as well? Got in the Revel M126Be bookshelf (My grail bookshelf speakers!). They are 8 Ohm speakers with a 86dB Sensitivity. Recommended Power on their site says 50-150W (Not sure why its such a large range?). I use them in...
  15. Sylafari

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

@amirm , on their webpage it says the inputs are galvanically isolated so maybe the ground noise loop problem is averted? I still would like balanced but something to note anyways.
  16. Sylafari

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

I might be the one loner that likes the look and doesn’t mind the LEDs. It is unfortunate it has no balanced outputs for that price. Also I’m wondering how many people are going to use the BNC inputs (maybe BNC is more popular than I think it is?).
  17. Sylafari

Is their any evidence that the SMPS in a Mac Mini audibly degrades sound quality?

I had a possibly similar issue but with an Apple TV 4K. It was right next to my RME ADI-2 DAC, and the headphone output had static in the background. Moved the Apple TV 4K like two feet away and the issue was resolved.
  18. Sylafari

Stereo Amplifiers >$500 (Not Integrated)

Well I solved the ground noise problem by using an optical cable instead of a USB cable (all the usual popping during GPU load is gone!). My speakers still hiss a little, I feel that is because my speaker amplifier isn't very clean... Wish the Nuforce STA 200 measurements were up before I...
  19. Sylafari

Review and Measurements of Hypex NC400 DIY Amp

Let's say I wanted to use these with my brand new spanking Revel M126Be's... would they be a good choice?
  20. Sylafari

March Audio Hypex Ncore Power Amplifiers

@March Audio Are the amplifiers set to release on schedule on I believe you said 1/19? Also would you say performance in the real world (I'm sure the monoblock measures better but it seems like a small difference?) is similar across all the amplifiers or is the Mono block one possibly better?
Top Bottom