Search results

1. Z

Genelec SAM system wireless volume control

I find it very finicky. sometimes I find taking out the battery and putting it back again also helps.
  2. Z

Genelec 8330A Review (Studio Monitor)

Comparing GLM on vs. GLM off, I think the difference is quite obvious. I don't listen loudly at all and the difference is obvious.
  3. Z

Is your interest in HiFi declining during spring and summer? Vote.

The more music books I collect and read, the less interest I have in Hi-Fi.
  4. Z

WTB: USB to AES Interface

i have this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001338221671.html and it works pretty well on Mac and iOS
  5. Z

[US-CA] FS: Hosa ODL 312 Digital Audio Converter Interface SPDIF Optical to/from AES EBU

But I think I will now keep it, given there is probably no other toslink to AES solution.
  6. Z

For XO frequency, you don’t want it to be too high because high frequency has directivity so that outputting sound of that frequency via a single sub will affect the stereo imaging. For phase alignment, there is an article on Genelec on this...
  7. Z

USB to AES/EBU: the solution?

FYI AF200 can show volume on its LED though. So it’s not a device with NO notion of volume.
  8. Z

8330a + AF200 serve me well though. Wonder what are the alternatives you are looking for
  9. Z

Yeah I think AF200 certainly fails your definition of class compliance. But I think there are at least two reasons why it should not be a big deal. 1. Right now, the support of super high sampling rates is enabled by default. The class compliance will be met if the support is disabled by...
  10. Z

I asked the manufacturer on Taobao and they told me the fix via DM. I think they should really put such info on their and their distributors' shops. The fix is not available publicly in any language (Chinese or English).
  11. Z

I think it's better to think of this box as class compliant but also able to extend the class if needed. The "class" that Mac complies with probably does not support PCM1536 or DSD1024 anyway.
  12. Z

You can download the tool from their website https://www.xingcore.com/
  13. Z

not sure if you are asking OP or me. I don’t use an external DAC any more, as the Genelecs take AES digital input.
  14. Z

yes I just checked. it works with camera connection kit with a charging cable (for sure).
  15. Z

Got my AF200 yesterday. It can work on Mac as long as one disables the support for super high sampling rates (DSD1024, PCM1536, etc.) using a tool running on Windows. Nice little box.
  16. Z

DAC with digital pass through

FYI I have a Hosa box for sale https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/us-ca-fs-hosa-odl-312-digital-audio-converter-interface-spdif-optical-to-from-aes-ebu.25948/
  17. Z

[US-CA] FS: Hosa ODL 312 Digital Audio Converter Interface SPDIF Optical to/from AES EBU

See the title. This nice box can be used to connect SPDIF optical output to digital active speakers (like Genelecs) I bought the item last year, with original packaging included. Asking for 85USD with USPS flat rate shipping included. Negotiable.
  18. Z

You can get some SPDIF (optical or coax) to AES adapter
Top Bottom