Search results

1. simbloke

Sunfire Cinema Grand Review (5-channel Amp)

This has to be just deliberate trolling right?
  2. simbloke

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

If the speaker had measured well would people still be asking for it to done again with the grill on? Even if it were an older model it establishes a pattern which you may choose to take note of when considering an untested speaker. Would you choose Wharfedale over Revel? When I was a kid...
  3. simbloke

Naim Uniti Atom Review (Streamer & Amp)

The system under review I thought.
  4. simbloke

Naim Uniti Atom Review (Streamer & Amp)

You've decided that the owner doesn't listen to it, and/or doesn't come to this site? Huh. That seems unlikely.
  5. simbloke

A Call For Humor!

And, oh dear, the single price
  6. simbloke

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Penmon lighthouse on Anglesey. Not the most dramatic local lighthouse but my favourite.
  7. simbloke

What Hi-Fi? 2023 Awards are... 72% British.

We don't. In the right part of the country you could have a chip bap, but it doesn't contain french fries. Elsewhere you could have a chip butty in something way more substantial than a mere bap!
  8. simbloke

Stereophile Amplification Product of the Year

Indeed. The first thing I was taught about transistor amplifiers was that this is what class B would be like and how nobody ever does that. Followed by class AB and how to bias a transistor, then negative feedback.
  9. simbloke

Rega DAC-R DAC Review

Don't assume it has anything to do with national pride. I don't know if you are British but the B word divides friends and families and should not be used in such an insignificant debate as this.
  10. simbloke

Rega DAC-R DAC Review

True, and I have no sympathy for them. The text I quoted above isn't about that.
  11. simbloke

Rega DAC-R DAC Review

This line of attack is somewhere you want to go?
  12. simbloke

YouTube cracks down on ad blockers

£20 a month in the UK for the family plan. Err nope. As others have pointed out - they don't even make any content.
  13. simbloke

YouTube cracks down on ad blockers

I basically only watch YouTube via a Google TV dongle so I have to put up with the ads. Their poor app and annoying ads actually puts me off paying them even more. That and the fact that they do not pay or treat their creators very well at all.
  14. simbloke

Classic Integrated Amplifiers!

My first amp. I still have it, working, in the shed.
  15. simbloke

Let's stop calling Class D amplifiers "efficient" when they are not.

I really wanted to know my answer to John's post. But my power meter has my home server plugged in too it, so I'm not touching it! My unscientific answer is, I'm just not that bothered.
  16. simbloke

Why we don’t see any bleeding edge process node mixed signal audio ICs, but might in the near future

I really like his videos, even when they're not about semiconductors.
  17. simbloke

32 Bit Float Explained

I have read many if Don's helpful and informative posts over the years. It is not he who is out of his element. You are being quite insulting and should reconsider your approach IMO.
  18. simbloke

Duets

Iggy Pop and Kate Pierson - Candy
  19. simbloke

Brief description (with pictures) of my Touchscreen Pi based PicorePlayer streamer...

Indeed. Years ago I used to hate dealing with LMS upgrades. These days that's all contained inside the, err, container.
  20. simbloke

Brief description (with pictures) of my Touchscreen Pi based PicorePlayer streamer...

Yes, it's quite common to do that. I run LMS on my home server in a Docker container. Many home NAS can also run Docker.
Top Bottom