Search results

1. Belgarathian

Audioengine A5+ Powered Speaker Review

That feeling of relief when Amirm reviews something you own and it doesn't turn out to be garbage.
  2. Belgarathian

Snakeoil Co. - Kemp Elektroniks

So while doing some research/browsing the internet I accidentally stumbled upon a company which dedicates its entire existence to producing snakeoil products, and from what I can see has actually created entire new categories of products that audiophiles must have...
  3. Belgarathian

Klipsch R-41M Bookshelf Speaker Review

I feel like we've reached the point where we can do a roundup of the 10 worst reviews of the year.
  4. Belgarathian

Pioneer GM-D1004 4-channel Car Amplifier Review

I'm liking the car audio testing you're doing!
  5. Belgarathian

Abyss sends LinusTechTips headphones and snakeoil

Can't forget 0.008% THD is ~81dB SINAD which if my calculations are correct is only a fraction (and a mile) away from 130.5dB.
  6. Belgarathian

Abyss sends LinusTechTips headphones and snakeoil

Stand and cables aside, products listed below: https://abyss-headphones.com/products/eleven-audio-xiaudio-sagra-dac https://abyss-headphones.com/collections/abyss-electronics/products/eleven-audio-xiaudio-formula-s Any chance someone has these and we can get them reviewed? Looking at the spec...
  7. Belgarathian

Review and Measurements of Totaldac d1-six DAC

I mean that cable does look damn good.
  8. Belgarathian

Canjam SoCal Headphone and Audio Show 2019 Part 2

-snip- That's literally an Audeze Mobius headset with carbon colour and HyperX stamped on it, hope they're offering a more affordable price point? I'm guessing it was a joint partnership, or HyperX helped with Manufacturing as I believe this was the first headset manufactured externally for Audeze.
  9. Belgarathian

I enjoy it (particularly the aesthetic) but it never wow'd me (Chord Qutest + Pathos an upgrade from Audeze Deckard).... Plugged my LCD-X into the Bryston BHA-1 and it's night-and-day. Just seems cleaner, less veiled. That said, the Pathos is a 1/4" TRS and the Bryston is a 4-pin XLR balanced...
  10. Belgarathian

That would be me trying to validate my purchase about 3 days before finding ASR and about 10 days after finding this review from Inner Fidelity https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/pathos-aurium-hybrid-headphone-amplifier
  11. Belgarathian

Canjam SoCal Headphone and Audio Show 2019

This is something I'd be super excited to see measured along with the Aurium sitting next to it...
  12. Belgarathian

Woo Audio WA7 & WA7tp DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Thanks for the clarification... Thoroughly impressed with your comms too. Love your design ethos for your product lines.
  13. Belgarathian

Review and Measurements of DarkVoice 336SE Headphone Amp

I suspect tube rolling may be an expensive hobby with this.
  14. Belgarathian

New SMSL M300

Looks like a job for @SMSL-Mandy then :D
  15. Belgarathian

New SMSL M300

@amirm Do you have this inbound?
  16. Belgarathian

Chord Qutest vs Rme Adi 2 dac

I asked the question to Amir and the conclusion was that there is likely no audible difference, but obviously the ADI-2 has far more features and balanced out. If it helps I'm planning on getting an RME ADI-2 and I currently have a Chord Qutest because I want the balanced output. That said...
  17. Belgarathian

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

Thanks for the measurements @amirm... Wondering if you could comment on listening differences between Chord Qutest and Topping D70
Top Bottom