Search results

1. Jim777

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

Does the load dependency have a linear effect on output levels (same for any power level), so that EQ can get rid of it for a specific set of loudspeakers?
  2. Jim777

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

Missing headphones and EQ has already mentioned, but I would not replace my RME without the volume-dependant loudness it has. It's the best feature of the RME's and a total must have.
  3. Jim777

Audio Engineering Society 2023 Conference

This is great to see, hopefully a wake up call for some of the big audio electronics companies.
  4. Jim777

Martin Logan B10 Speaker Review

Thanks Amir (and others that have contributed analysis). This review was also a nice lesson, I learned or better understand a few things now. You put in some hard work and share the knowledge from it, stuff that is not necessarily in books, and in a fun format.
  5. Jim777

Bose QuietComfort 45 Headphone Review

Great to have these measurements. I have the Bose 700 and the Sony WH-1000XM3, and I have to say I prefer the Bose; sounds more natural to me.
  6. Jim777

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

Value is pretty good considering you don't even need a DAC.
  7. Jim777

Schiit Loki Mini+ Equalizer Review

This just tells you how much value you get with a device like the RME ADI-2 and it's digital EQ and display.
  8. Jim777

Focal Chora 816 Speaker Review

Thanks for measuring this. I think it really correlates with my experience listening to some Focal offerings.
  9. Jim777

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

Nice to see such high performing equipment. I'm kind of happy I can't live without the RME's loudness feature though, cause I'd have the urge to upgrade all the time!
  10. Jim777

Monoprice Blackbird Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

I've been using something similar for years, but I don't use the HDMI output because everything goes through my OPPO which has two HDMI outputs. It just works.
  11. Jim777

Solupeak RC-11 Review (Passive Volume Control)

Perfect amp is a "wire with gain" - just forgot to specify *positive* gain :)
  12. Jim777

Black Lion Audio White Sparrow DAC Review

That’s all the spectacle they can afford after buying this DAC
  13. Jim777

Black Lion Audio White Sparrow DAC Review

Performance is as vintage as the looks haha
  14. Jim777

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

So this is some kind of replacement for the chromecast audio?
  15. Jim777

Felston DD740 Review (Digital Audio Delay)

Having worked in audio coding (and a *very tiny bit* in video), I'm very susceptible to being bothered by coding artefacts, but I'm pretty glad that I never trained myself to notice audio/video sync issues!
  16. Jim777

Audiopraise VanityPro Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

For stereo (OPPO to RME ADI-2 DAC), I use this $40 thingy https://www.parts-express.com/HDMI-2.0-Audio-Extracter-180-1103
  17. Jim777

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

I'll just reiterate that I was having computer-noise issues with the front USB port (but I changed cables at the same time so not 100% that's it).
  18. Jim777

Looks like it cleans up the power, so it might be a safe bet with USB-powered devices such as this. Conversely, the front ports have internal cables in the box that are probably just asking for trouble.
  19. Jim777

Just got one to replace a MF V-DAC II. When I first plugged it in with the supplied USB cable in the front of my computer, I almost returned it because of the USB/computer noise (didn't sound like a ground loop). Then I switched it to the RCA and USB cable of my old DAC (which uses one of the...
Top Bottom