Search results

1. N

Sony ES DA3300 & Pioneer SC-1522k Receivers

Howdy, What do you all do with stuff like this? I have both of these receivers from old iterations of my home stereo/theater setup. Both are in excellent condition, have all their original stuff, remotes, manuals, boxes, etc. They're not really "destination" items, so selling them on eBay or...
  2. N

Older RME interfaces vs. newer MOTU, Focusrite, etc. vs. USB mixer?

Howdy, I need to consolidate things on my desk and improve the UX of fiddling with all my random audio sources and sinks. Since the pandemic began I've been working from home and have started doing more audio related activities: * Endless video calls * Recording podcasts * Listening to music *...
  3. N

FS: Hypex NC400 Monoblocks & Icepower 1200AS2 Stereo amplifiers

Over the last couple years I've been going through a variety of components in my main system, and I've finally landed on a vintage Yamaha CX-1 & MX-1 pairing as my goto. Along the way though, I ended up with some fantastic pieces in the rotation. Unfortunately, I have but one system in my house...
  4. N

FS: Parasound Halo P5 2.1 Preamp w/ DAC , Yamaha C-4 Vintage Preamp

At long last I finally found a Yamaha CX-1 preamp to pair with my Yamaha MX-1, and so I'm letting go of my alternates. Parasound P5 is a balanced 2.1 preamp w/ an integrated DAC. Details here (https://www.parasound.com/p5.php) Measurements here...
  5. N

SOLD Topping DX3 Pro v2, $165/obo

Howdy, I recently got this as a replacement for a DX3 Pro v1 that fell victim the way all the v1's seem to. I've had it for less than a month, it works great. I was using it in preamp mode to drive my main system amp directly. Incidentally, I won an auction I'd forgotten I placed a bid on for...
  6. N

Direct DAC to amp & input gain controls.

I'm currently playing around with being entirely preamp-less by running a Topping DX3 Pro (v2) in "preamp" mode direct into my Yamaha MX-1 power amplifier. The input sensitivity of the MX-1 is 1.46V 20k Ohms. The DX3 Pro can easily drive the amp into clipping it seems like considering the 2V...
  7. N

WTB: Yamaha CX-1 or CX-1000

Hi, I'm hoping someone here with a collection of older gear might have a Yamaha CX-1 or a CX-1000 in decent shape that they'd be willing to let go of. I am currently using a Yamaha MX-1 as my amplifier, and I want to pair it with a similar era Yamaha preamplifier. My preference would be a...
Top Bottom