Search results

1. S

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

I have both the DX3 pro+ and the DX1. I would definitely recommend the DX1 as a desktop piece, since the volume control is smooth and the unit is compact.
  2. S

Audiophile music player for Windows/Mac and your opinion...

Even for Windows I prefer running mpd, with stylophone or mpdctrl or pms as clients.
  3. S

Audio Bit Rates

That's a rather pretentious statement... Opus 128kbps is completely transparent to me, doing ABX with the best measuring gear I have. And my personal findings seem also in agreement with actual listening tests. Would i do all this if i didn't care about SQ?
  4. S

Which portable audio player supports the most digital formats?

I can recommend sth like a Nokia 6.1 or equivalent, not expensive for a smartphone and no bloat, which is great of used as an audio player. But also still good enough to use as an actual smart phone i stead of DAP.
  5. S

Qobuz or Tidal?

Interestingly, I'm convinced most high quality lossy is transparant to me, I always choose that since I don't like wasting energy on bandwidth and processing power however small. So I don't even use lossless on Idagio. But as you mention, it's all about the search functionality! I do have...
  6. S

Qobuz or Tidal?

For classical music you can use a service like https://www.idagio.com/
  7. S

Is high-resolution audio audible or not audible and a waste of data?

I can't seem to edit that post any longer?
  8. S

To be fair, I would say that drawing conclusions is flawed, but you can compare anything. English is not my mother tongue, maybe the word comparing includes a notion of judging? Anyway, at the time, I thought that modern codecs wouldn't cut frequencies, and that's why I initially did the...
  9. S

Don't remember details, but everything is in my original investigation here: https://numericalnoob.blogspot.com/2019/06/streaming-services-have-become-my-main.html Some side notes: - I was mainly concerned back then that a service like Tidal with a pricing structure around quality could degrade...
  10. S

I once hung a veil over my speakers and could not tell the difference between lifted and not lifted. Since then, whenever I here someone say it sounds as if a veil had been lifted, I think they mean it sounds the same.
  11. S

I did some blind testing with the best gear I am willing to spend money on (Topping dx3pro+, HD660s), in the quietest environment I could find in the house, and can't tell the difference between any reasonable bitrate MP3 or AAC and lossless. I then proceeded to test Opus, and I can't hear any...
  12. S

Prepare a sample that displays this problem and let us ABX it.
  13. S

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

The problem with these discussions is that they never go anywhere because emotions get in the way. What most emotional posters don't get is that it isn't about truth but about choice. People here have chosen to only accept specific kind of testing as valid. People here thoughtfully chose a...
  14. S

Sorry, I should have written it out, I meant Raspberry Pi.
  15. S

I bought a separate DAC because people told me it would sound better. At first I heard a big difference, but then later when the excitement was less, i did an actual proper blind comparison and couldn't hear any difference. That's when I went looking for proper objective information and found...
  16. S

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

RCA out on DX3pro+ to RCA in on speakers. Yes.
  17. S

Please delete/close

Having no budget is not crazy, it's a luxury, one I don't have. My entire system costs much less than what you spent on cables. But that means you should be even more careful where you spend your money. I feel for you dealing with that horrible company. Basic rules: - get well measuring...
  18. S

help me not to waste any more time

For a journey through (mostly) pop/rock https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54ggFZMKOzQn72ZzPO3hnUVIj78Zuuee https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0btcoeBMeRn6DCHwms5BjW?si=jOl3Sj_ySJe5XMIHUBs-Gg&utm_source=copy-link
Top Bottom