Search results

1. RichB

Wiring Speakon and Banana plugs

I switched to Speakon connectors for the Benchmark amps and use Angled Banana Compression bananas at the other. The fronts and center have Canare 4S11 and it was a bear getting the combined cables into the Neutrik NL2FXX-W-S speakOn ports. The rears use Belkin 10 Gauge and they were about as...
  2. RichB

Listening Tests - Benchmark DAC3 versus Topping D90LE

Disclaimer: This post describes my subjective impressions of these DACs, level matched with instant switching. It is not a double-blinded multi-run statistical analysis of anything. I know what those are, and this is not that. :) Even if sighted tests are not your thing, the setup is fun. IMO...
  3. RichB

Blind test rig to compare DACs

I decided to build an audible transparent test rig with some parts I had on hand and a few new components: ARX RS-1 This is a remote XLR switch controlled that can switch inputs with a 12-volt trigger reviewed here...
  4. RichB

Andrew Quint Reviews the Unique BACCH-SP Stereo Purifier

This is a video review of a crosstalk processor. https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/andrew-quint-reviews-the-unique-bachh-sp-stereo-purifier/?mc_cid=3c199d3b57&mc_eid=0afb71e27b It is very slow moving; this is a product with an analog input version and digital version priced at $23,800...
  5. RichB

AVS Thread: Does anyone base there [sic] buys off audiosciencereview?

There is a recent thread on AVS: Does anyone base there buys off audiosciencereview? https://www.avsforum.com/threads/does-anyone-base-there-buys-off-audiosciencereview.3219923/ It veered into discussion of the less than flattering ASR review of the Starke Sound AD4.320 Review (Multichannel...
  6. RichB

Level Matched Comparisson of the AT525NC and AHB2

I have an ATI AT525NC (NCore) amp that will be deployed in the spring at another location and I need to test it before then. My office and main system use AHB2 amplifiers. I have edited this post since I changed the test configuration. This provides an opportunity to perform some Single Blind...
  7. RichB

ATI AT525NC Teardown

I purchased an ATI AT525NC 5x200 WPC NCore amplifier for a family vacation home to replace the 20+ year old Sunfire Cinema amp (also 200 WPC). This amp will be connected to a Denon 3700H receiver (in preamp mode) to drive Revel M20's and a C20 center channel. I chose it because it it would run...
  8. RichB

HT Processor Bass Management impact on SINAD

As we have seen with ASR measurements, AVR/AVP's have a difficult time approaching the SINAD of relatively inexpensive desktop DACs and sometimes not even matching a dongle-DAC. These devices are clearly more complex and shielding and other design issues are present on some but, there may be a...
  9. RichB

Will streaming return dynamic range to recordings?

There was recent article by Steven Stone titled "How Streaming Killed The Loudness War": https://audiophilereview.com/audiophile-news/how-streaming-killed-the-loudness-war.html It is interesting and seems plausible with automated volume leveling normalization. Here the referenced video "The...
  10. RichB

2-Channel DAC/Preamp with Roon

I have Revel 126Be's to replace my M20 omni-mount'ed speakers in my game room. Here are the components: - HDFury Vertex2 HDMI video switching - TiVo Bolt+ - Apple TV 4K - Benchmark AHB2 - Oppo UDP-205 that really only gets used for Roon Everything is compact except the Oppo. I'd like to find...
Top Bottom