Search results

1. RichB

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

Reading record groves seems like a problem best suited to a laser... :p - Rich
  2. RichB

Marantz Cinema 50 AVR Review

And you might even get them :p I recommend after measurements using REW and it is ok to not like the results, regardless of what the predictive graphs report. - Rich
  3. RichB

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

The AHB2s have completely eliminated transformer hum and additional hissing from my tweeters. - Rich
  4. RichB

Sal's system

Inflation continues with slowed price increases. - Rich
  5. RichB

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

My kids with iPhones bought Instax camera, like the old polaroids. :p - Rich
  6. RichB

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

The BEST feature on the Emotiva RMC-1 is the Dolby Upmixer. 2.0 channel content center channel and surround mixing is excellent, I cannot differentiate it from a native surround mix. This is a huge upgrade from PLII ! At first, the Denon X3700H Upmixer was underwhelming, sounding very much...
  7. RichB

The Truth About Vinyl Records

True, perhaps vinyl may not be dramatically different, that is hardly an endorsement - Rich
  8. RichB

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Interesting, Mytek moved from a better measuring device with a switching PS to linear PS. BTW, the filters were also broken in the Stereophile review. Yikes. - Rich
  9. RichB

Ultimately, this is enough for a poor rating that at its core is supposed to be a SOTA DAC. - Rich
  10. RichB

I have discovered the issue, Darko is building them :p - Rich
  11. RichB

MiniDSP Flex HTx

If this device, decoded DD+, DTS, and supported Dolby up-mixing for DD2.0, I would buy one and make it my primary processor. - Rich
  12. RichB

Never Put Subwoofers In Corners... Even with DSP and Multi-Sub Setups?

After consulting with the subwoofers, the optimal placement is to put the subwoofers in the center of the room and the people must sit in the corners. - Rich
  13. RichB

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

I will also accept the AHB2 and bi-bridge the Salon2s thereby guaranteeing hearing loss :p I am not surprised that Dune did not clip, when I had a single AHB2s driving the front Salon2s I had a similar experience playing Aquaman that was seriously exercising the woofers. That said, ACD (Audio...
  14. RichB

Never Put Subwoofers In Corners... Even with DSP and Multi-Sub Setups?

I am no expert, but if corner loading gives a consistent boost to bass such that it can be EQ'ed out, the it would be "free bass" as described by Dr. Floyd Toole. Bass would then require less power and provide additional headroom. - Rich
  15. RichB

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Try contacting dealers like thescreeningroom and Steveh via private message. Deals may be available that are only available privately and not to be posted on forums... - Rich
  16. RichB

Or you could contact other resellers like thescreeningroom or SteveH on this and AVSForum. - Rich
  17. RichB

You are aware that the Salon2s and Performa 3 are EOL. Others may not be aware, so I wanted to make that clear. - Rich
  18. RichB

The Perform 3 (standard, not the Be series) are also EOL. - Rich
  19. RichB

Review and Measurements of Benchmark HPA4 Headphone Amp/Pre

When an Amplifier/Preamp/AVR/ASVP is tested only at unity gain, there volume control measurement may not be indicative of performance in use. - Rich
Top Bottom